What's new

Jerry Likes Play With Big' Un's

Wow, there was alot of good stuff in there. And then there was that stuff about a big 'un.

THis and the 1320 interview leads me to conclude that Wes is probably gone, and something else is in the works to relieve the Tax thing--bye bye Memo or AK?

Actually, it sounded like it was Deron who likes havin' a "big un" to play with.

KOC totally forgot Elder Hayward’s name (“um…u…the rookie”).

In regards to Matthews, I got the same thing from the interviews as well. Unless a major salary dumping deal comes along, Wes will get fat and happy riding the Porty bench.

Even though he forgot Haywards name, did you notice he include him in the group of " of core players" Deron, CJ, Paul, the Rookie, and Big Al. Interesting who is not in that group.

Even though he forgot Haywards name, did you notice he include him in the group of " of core players" Deron, CJ, Paul, the Rookie, and Big Al. Interesting who is not in that group.

I think that is due to age, all the players he mentioned are young, and Im guessing he hopes to keep them together, Memo doesnt have many years left.

Can we match and in essence sign and trade Matthews to Portland for say, Oden? Just saying. I thought I read he was on the block.

Thats not a bad core... adding a few pieces from moving Memo or AK if you have to would be great. Hopefully Fes can improve to where we all want him to and then the Jazz could add some Vets or a legit 2nd scorer, then they can make their real run! Still hoping for Shannon Brown!

Can we match and in essence sign and trade Matthews to Portland for say, Oden?

I can't remember the exact time before you can trade an RFA after you re-sign them, but I know there is a year wait if you want to trade with the team that made the Offer sheet to the RFA. So we could trade Wes to anyone but Portland, after 30 or 90 days, I think, but Portland would have to wait for a year to get Wes if the Jazz match their offer and decided to trade him to them.

Technically speaking, I think the Jazz can negotiate with Portland during this period and turn the deal into a sign and trade. Even for Oden (as funny as that is to write.) But once Utah 'matches', they can't do anything with Portland. But Matthews for Oden? If that happened, it would be the single greatest GM swindle in history. I'll bet KOC would get book deals out of explaining how he pulled it off. It would be taught in business schools. Energy Solutions would probably open up a little museum in its honor.

I guess he can be traded to Portland, like Golden State dealt Anthony Morrow to New Jersey.