What's new

Jim Jordan is the choice for Speaker?

So looks like I was wrong. Mike Johnson tried and succeeded in avoiding a government shutdown.
Sucks that there is no funding for WIC but as we all know Republicans don't care much about children post birth, or women.
Dude, you really need to stop being so lazy with your tl;dr. WIC was already funded through the end of the year by a resolution passed September 30. The hand-wringing over WIC was about what could possibly happen if there is a government shutdown, but in your first sentence you admitted to knowing "Mike Johnson tried and succeeded in avoiding a government shutdown".

Here is a link to information from NPR I know you won't read because reading really isn't your thing and you rely on hearing other people saying things while you don't have the background information to know if it is out-of-date or an advocate twisting the truth.

Dude, you really need to stop being so lazy with your tl;dr. WIC was already funded through the end of the year by a resolution passed September 30. The hand-wringing over WIC was about what could possibly happen if there is a government shutdown, but in your first sentence you admitted to knowing "Mike Johnson tried and succeeded in avoiding a government shutdown".

Here is a link to information from NPR I know you won't read because reading really isn't your thing and you rely on hearing other people saying things while you don't have the background information to know if it is out-of-date or an advocate twisting the truth.

Lol. I got that info about WIC not getting put into the bill (along with aid for ukraine/israel) by reading an article. I almost never hear other people say things about politics. Pretty much every single piece of information I get regarding politics is from reading. Not sure why this particular thing triggered your douchebaggery.

Saw this just now: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-set-vote-johnson-plan-avert-shutdown-hell/story?id=104877426
Rep. Rosa DeLauro, D-Conn., slammed the GOP plan, adding "it says something very poignant about the ability to govern and the willingness to govern." Also, she mentioned that it doesn't include funding for overseas allies such as Israel and Ukraine and "shortchanges" the Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children -- commonly known as WIC.

So when I typed "no funding" that was not correct. My mistake. Republicans will probably try to remove any funding for WIC and other programs to help americans at a later time.

Lol. I got that info about WIC not getting put into the bill (along with aid for ukraine/israel) by reading an article.
Did you know it wasn't in the bill because WIC funding was in an earlier bill that already passed? I'm thinking the answer is no. Did you know there were separate bills for funding ukraine/israel? Again, I'm guessing the answer is no, you didn't. Mike Johnson stripped the bill down to get it through and avoid the government shutdown. If you are upset over a lack of ukraine/israel funding then your boogieman is Chuck Schumer who torpedoed the aid because he said he wanted to negotiate more stuff into it. The resistance to the aid demonstrates Mike Johnson's wisdom to go the way he did to avoid the government shutdown.

Did you know it wasn't in the bill because WIC funding was in an earlier bill that already passed? I'm thinking the answer is no. Did you know there were separate bills for funding ukraine/israel? Again, I'm guessing the answer is no, you didn't. Mike Johnson stripped the bill down to get it through and avoid the government shutdown. If you are upset over a lack of ukraine/israel funding then your boogieman is Chuck Schumer who torpedoed the aid because he said he wanted to negotiate more stuff into it. The resistance to the aid demonstrates Mike Johnson's wisdom to go the way he did to avoid the government shutdown.
Im not upset about anything. Actually im quite happy to be wrong in this case. He worked with the democrats to keep the government open while at the same time pissing off maga. Like Mccarthy did. I didn't expect that at all and im pleasantly surprised.

Credit where credit is due. Admitting when you were wrong makes you a bigger person that most here on the forum.
Thanks. FWIW I also admitted being wrong in my post you originally quoted. And in my last post before this one. 3 times in the last 5 posts lol. Im wrong a lot and almost never unwilling to admit it. Being right just isn't all that important to me.

Mike Johnson got the budget through the House and Schumer got it through the Senate. There was no threat to shut down the country. Republicans got some of what they wanted and Democrats got some of what they wanted. There were actual negotiations without hysterics which let the government get on with the business of governing.

Mike Johnson got the budget through the House and Schumer got it through the Senate. There was no threat to shut down the country. Republicans got some of what they wanted and Democrats got some of what they wanted. There were actual negotiations without hysterics which let the government get on with the business of governing.

I don't like his politics, but at least Johnson seems serious about governing, which is a relief, better than McCarthy, and better than I expected.

That's great news

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Back