What's new

Joe Ingles just got Married!!!

I played Netball during PE at school ... it's quite a bit different to Basketball. You can't dribble so no 1 person can dominate the game (Allen Iverson? Westbrook?). Because there are restrictions in where you can move (i.e., the Center position cannot go inside the half circles, Goal Defense can't move past the half way point, etc), it's a real team effort to score just 1 point.

It's one of those sports where it's not terribly exciting to watch but it's pretty fun to play.. LOL ..
I guess I can see this. Looks like a pretty good PE game for reasons you mentioned, except the part where they don't defend the shot. That seems so dumb.

The fact that there is a national championship for this makes me wonder if there's also a national championship for four square or red rover.

Yeah, seems like a ****ty game. From what I can tell, you get 6 points from shooting outside the 2 half circles. It doesn't seem like it's that far of a shot, so why not just jack those up all the time?

LOL .. I was hoping this is a thread where we can all congratulate Joe Ingles on his wedding on the off chance he stumbles upon it on his honeymoon or sometimes in the distance future.

Instead it's turned into a netball bashing session... a career his wife has chosen and is very good at. She is probably one of the best in the world for her position.

Oh well, that's Jazzfanz for ya.

It's not... while you guys play football, baseball and basketball, commonwealth countries are more into rugby, cricket and netball.

But men's basketball seems to be pretty ****ing popular in Australia and I'm not seeing men's netball being that popular in Aus, right?

But men's basketball seems to be pretty ****ing popular in Australia and I'm not seeing men's netball being that popular in Aus, right?

Well Netball is a girls' sport for the most part so if you're a guy and you're into that then basketball is the next best thing.

LOL .. I was hoping this is a thread where we can all congratulate Joe Ingles on his wedding on the off chance he stumbles upon it on his honeymoon or sometimes in the distance future.

Instead it's turned into a netball bashing session... a career his wife has chosen and is very good at. She is probably one of the best in the world for her position.

Oh well, that's Jazzfanz for ya.
Joe, if you happen to stumble across this thread while on your honeymoon I have two things to say:
1) I'm sorry for bashing the stupid elementary school sport that your wife apparently loves.
2) What the hell are you doing on this site on your honeymoon? My opinion of you can never be repaired.

(Please, Joe, do not find this thread, but especially, do not find it while on your honeymoon!)

Joe, if you happen to stumble across this thread while on your honeymoon I have two things to say:
1) I'm sorry for bashing the stupid elementary school sport that your wife apparently loves.
2) What the hell are you doing on this site on your honeymoon? My opinion of you can never be repaired.

(Please, Joe, do not find this thread, but especially, do not find it while on your honeymoon!)

LOL .. talk about a backhanded apology.

Classy.

HantlersE.jpg

Last edited:
When one of these Jazz wives gonna show up on a WAGs list?

Pretty sure Gordon's wife has been mentioned as one of the most naturally beautiful WAGs currently in the NBA ... she was ranked pretty high the last time I check.

I played Netball during PE at school ... it's quite a bit different to Basketball. You can't dribble so no 1 person can dominate the game (Allen Iverson? Westbrook?). Because there are restrictions in where you can move (i.e., the Center position cannot go inside the half circles, Goal Defense can't move past the half way point, etc), it's a real team effort to score just 1 point.

It's one of those sports where it's not terribly exciting to watch but it's pretty fun to play.. LOL ..

It's a very restricting and odd sport in terms of what each player can do.... nearly as dull as the NFL from that point of view

It's a very restricting and odd sport in terms of what each player can do.... nearly as dull as the NFL from that point of view

Haha.. yeah bro!!! What do you think about Aussie Rules? I'm not a big fan of them but I know you are since you're from Melbourne!!!!

Haha.. yeah bro!!! What do you think about Aussie Rules? I'm not a big fan of them but I know you are since you're from Melbourne!!!!

i used to really enjoy it until it has become over coached and had the life sucked out of it. Now it's become a maintain posession at all costs keeping off contests. It used to be a great non stop game to watch, every player had a combination of speed, strength, endurance, skill & courage. Now there's far less direct long kicking and hotly contested balls, it's way too defensive and slower

FYI ... Joe's holidaying in FIJI !!!!!

Joe Ingles ‏@Joeingles7 23m23 minutes ago
Fiji might be our new favourite place! @RenaeIngles #NeverLeaving

@AlipateCarlile @RealNaitanui we investing?