What's new

Joey Graham

Hmmm.... Graham, maybe 2 mil max, Granger 10.9 -14 mil per year for the next 4 years.

Where did that come from?

LeBron>Honzward+Graham together.

Back when we drafted D Will, there was a little talk about whom would be better between Graham and Granger here on Jazzfanz. Just a little clutter.

Graham is a more athletic version of Harp. That might be the reason the Jazz pursue him... I like his game. He is a tough competitor...

I'd have no problem with it...he certainly showed he is capable of scoring in that playoff game vs us. He wasn't part of Denver's regular rotation, so I'm not sure where he'd fall in ours. But if it's between him and Jeffers, i'd take Graham.

I'm agreeing with Satan.
Graham is a decent shooter (49% career avg.) although he doesn't have range out to the three.
He doesn't have range out to the 2, either, logging a 40% jump shot last season.

Our last three roster spots are coming down to Jeffers, Gaines and Evans.
Is Graham better than Evans or Jeffers? Yes. He's also 6'7" so he could play either wing position.
Um, if you looked beyond the NBA box score, you would see that Graham has played almost exclusively SF for the past two years, probably because of the aforementioned inability to make jumpers. He did rank well in college for 3-point shots, so maybe he has a jumper in him.

I'm not entirely against bringing in Graham, but he's not a shooter and is maybe only an OK defender. Probably a step up from Jeffers? As good as Brewer?
https://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Joey-Graham-88/

My theory is KOC thinks he can get by with Al/Sap/AK/Fes in the frontcourt until Memo gets back. That would also play into a strategy to try and get Fes more minutes which I know will make Minem very happy. But as presently constructed, they're one injury away from Jeffers being a rotation regular. My guess is they want an insurance policy for that possibility. But I don't think they're in a big rush to find that insurance policy. Graham just fits the mold.
Thanks for the shout-out, Billy. The idea is that more minutes for Fes will make all JazzFanz very happy, too, because he can be a legit backup who can fill in when needed. Once he has the court time.

+1 on Graham being a possibility, although the talk is maybe moot by now. Utah does have AK, CJ, and probably Elder Hayward at the 3, though. Not interested in Mikki Moore. Would be surprised if Etan Thomas is available at the minimum. Tolliver gone?

No, I said buttplug.

mary4.jpg

Deuce, deuce-and-a-half...

Meh.

Roger Mason Jr. and Gortat please, then call it an offseason. Jazz should've went after Gomes, but I'm not sure what price-tag the Clippers got him for.

D news: The Jazz have expressed interest in acquiring free agent small forward Joey Graham, and it's believed he's among several free agents the Jazz would consider signing later this offseason.

I wonder who the other SEVERAL free agents are? Anyone want to guess? I still hope for a slim chance of Shannon since he still hasn't signed with anyone. If not him,maybe earl Watson for back up PG. If they want another wing I hope matt Barnes. If a big, I hope Mikki Moore,Amundson,Ratliff,or Thomas

Meh.

Roger Mason Jr. and Gortat please, then call it an offseason. Jazz should've went after Gomes, but I'm not sure what price-tag the Clippers got him for.
Numberica, your numerical ability--I hope--shows you that Gortat is too expensive, especially in lux tax terrritory. And I will resist mentioning that Fes is a more affordable alternative who is almost as good already, with more upside to go ....

As for Gomes, Utah probably thought that he was a more affordable alternative to Millsap but not quite as good.

The same could almost be said for Roger Mason relative to Raja Bell. Both even had injuries last season. Mason is a bit younger, but he's pushing the 30's, too.
https://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/07/06/3494/

I expect Utah to financially tie up Fes and Augustine and call it good on the frontcourt.

Barnes would be great, too, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if he comes for cheap.