What's new

John Stockton: Writes Plea for Capitol Rioter

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

I'm sure many of us would be more willing to cut Stockton a break if this was the only horrible/stupid thing he'd done publicly in the last couple of years.
Writing a character letter for a friend that was involved in the capital thing is a horrible act now?? Lmao.

Also, I don’t buy into the notion that someone having the idiotic idea of storming the capital automatically makes them a bad person, makes her human, and theres nothing more human than wanting to help a friend, and Stockton wanting to use his celebrity status is normal.

Bunch of judgmental idiots on here, like you are perfect.

Hearsky

Writing a character letter for a friend that was involved in the capital thing is a horrible act now?? Lmao.

Also, I don’t buy into the notion that someone having the idiotic idea of storming the capital automatically makes them a bad person, makes her human, and theres nothing more human than wanting to help a friend, and Stockton wanting to use his celebrity status is normal.

Bunch of judgmental idiots on here, like you are perfect.
Say you are a Trump "University" graduate without saying you are a Trump "University" graduate.

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner
Aside from your political leanings, I don't understand why any character witnesses should have any bearing on the nature of a crime that is independent of that character analysis. What you do everyday in the eyes of an individual is impractical to what you did in the process of a crime.

If I steal an iPhone from a Verizon store and get caught, is the fact that I volunteered at a soup kitchen once and help shovel my neighbor's walkway somehow treat me to less of a sentence?

Be surprised how much of a difference that makes, so many public figures here get beneficial outcomes in court on "character" grounds. Also helps that they can afford influential barristers. The former PMs chief of staff blew 3 times the legal limit drink driving and kept her ****ing licence on character grounds.

I don't mind Stockton trying to help his friend, I hope it has no effect and the bitch does time. The dude is a bit of a ring wing nutter isn't he?

Nate505

Modstapo Lite
Staff member
I'm no fan of the Jan 6th people, but if the govt is going to charge her with a misdemeanor, and she plead guilty to it, and she has a clean record, I would prefer her to not see jail time. Then again, I don't like first time misdemeanor offenders seeing jail time for just about anything.

mongoose01

Say you are a Trump "University" graduate without saying you are a Trump "University" graduate.

Certainly most people have more in common with each other than either antifa or the proud boys or whatever, but having any kind of opinion gets you thrown into some radical camp now days. People need to lighten the **** up and pull their heads out of their asses now more than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brsn

Leave it to Jazzfanz members to bash Stockton because his ideologies don’t align with theirs. It’s not even a political statement. He’s just supporting a longtime friend. The biggest problem with politics today isn’t that people disagree. It’s that they believe their ideologies and politics are gods law. That anyone that disagrees with them is a heretic and must be forced to agree or they’re garbage.

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
Leave it to Jazzfanz members to bash Stockton because his ideologies don’t align with theirs. It’s not even a political statement. He’s just supporting a longtime friend. The biggest problem with politics today isn’t that people disagree. It’s that they believe their ideologies and politics are gods law. That anyone that disagrees with them is a heretic and must be forced to agree or they’re garbage.

I think you're a little off here. This isn't about your vote for a politician or your chosen ideology. This is about an attempt to bring down our country. This was an attack on our own Capitol by our own citizens. Based on lies. John Stockton writing a letter of support for a traitor who participated in this violent, deadly coup attempt against the USA which could have ended our democracy makes him at minimum an idiot and at maximum a traitor himself. **** John Stockton.

gomretat

Protests are very appropriate form of exercising opinions and democracy, riots are not. January 6th was inexcusable. So were all of the BLM riots which set the current tone for rioting being acceptable. If you separate the 6th from the BLM ones it is only because it fits your political preference.