What's new

Josh Howard could resign with Utah?

Dwill4mvp

Apparently he likes playing in Utah and wouldn't mind finishing his career here. We saw not to long ago that AK would also give utah the first chance and sign with us. I would rather see AK back for a great deal, but if not I don't mind Josh howard as long as he is not taking time from any young prospects, which seems to be my only beef with him now. Although, can't say that is his fault since it's Corbin playing Howard over Burks. Anyways what do you guys think?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219225/Josh_Howard_Will_Consider_Re_Signing_With_Jazz

Josh Howard would be a fool to say anything otherwise.

Josh Howard is damaged goods - I think he'll play well in spurts here and there when he's healthy. It's only a matter of time before he goes down again. Probably for good.

He'll be looking for a team to give him a financial commitment next year - probably 3 years. I hope he doesn't get it in Utah.

He'll be looking for a team to give him a financial commitment next year - probably 3 years. I hope he doesn't get it in Utah.

I think your right on with this one. It really depends on our options but, if we have to sign him it better be 1 year vet min, and use him as a mentor on the bench. I fully expect that by next year Burks gets much more playing time and we have picked up another wing via draft night.

I'm definitely open to resigning here, I enjoy playing here. -any NBA player with a brain.

Seriously, he would be an idiot to say otherwise. What if he said: "Nah, man I don't really like Utah and I don't see myself sticking around past April." It could be that he actually enjoys playing in Utah, or it could be that he's only looking for a team where he can play regular minutes, or it could be none of it is true and he's plans to look elsewhere first - either way if you're about to be a free agent you want to keep as many options open as possible. Even if you're desperate to find a change of scenery, the last thing you want to do is eliminate the option of resigning.

I'm definitely open to resigning here, I enjoy playing here. -any NBA player with a brain.

Seriously, he would be an idiot to say otherwise. What if he said: "Nah, man I don't really like Utah and I don't see myself sticking around past April." It could be that he actually enjoys playing in Utah, or it could be that he's only looking for a team where he can play regular minutes, or it could be none of it is true and he's plans to look elsewhere first - either way if you're about to be a free agent you want to keep as many options open as possible. Even if you're desperate to find a change of scenery, the last thing you want to do is eliminate the option of resigning.

And with his reputation, it's important to be viewed now as a team player. But he could be sincere, you never know. It had to be a very humbling situation when his agent informed him the best opportunity (and maybe the only one) was to play for Utah. He'll get some interest now from teams around the league, especially if Ty starts him the rest of the season. Best case scenario for Utah is if a contender were willing to give the Jazz a late 1st.

He could be best used as a trade asset. Trade him to a playoff contender for a late 1st round pick, preferably in a draft beyond 2012.

Late 1st round picks have sold for the maximum 3 million, Jazz only paid Howard 2.2 million for the season so it would be like KOC making money.

In other news, CJ is also kind of open to re-signing with the Jazz, if things felt right, probably. We'll see.

Miles on his interest in re-signing with Utah: If they want me back, it's obviously great and I've been here — it'll be seven years. I grew up here, basically. I learned a lot here. At the same time, if it plays out like that's not the way they want to go and something else happens – it's up in the air. This is the first year I'll be unrestricted, so maybe it'll be a little different. It's just that's the way it is. No disrespect to anybody. It's just the way it plays out. If there's a situation; if it seems like this is the place to be at that time, then I'm definitely going to be here and want to be here. I don't have any problems. I feel like I've had great times here. And if the situation is up in the air and it plays out the other way, and they decide to go in a different direction and my direction is a little different, then [it'll] work out. Like you said, it's just pretty much up in the air. It's the first year there's any real — it could go any way. Every other year, I was restricted. And then this year they had my option and they picked it up, which I was very grateful for, obviously — I wanted to be here. I'm just going to continue to try to keep getting better and hopefully they want to keep me here.

Control what he can control and keep his options open: Yeah. That's basically what it is. … This is the first time I'll be in that situation where the business side is really going to be a lot heavier than usual. And I think, the biggest thing I can do is keep playing. And usually you keep playing and you do what you're supposed to do and things usually work out. It usually doesn't have to be in turmoil that way, because everything is understood. That's my biggest thing, is just to find my groove and keep and control what I can control. I can't control up and down, the way things go, the way the matchups are, the way we play that night. All I can do is just go out there and play hard every night, and that's what I try to do.

He could be best used as a trade asset. Trade him to a playoff contender for a late 1st round pick, preferably in a draft beyond 2012.

Late 1st round picks have sold for the maximum 3 million, Jazz only paid Howard 2.2 million for the season so it would be like KOC making money.

Who would ever trade a 1st round pick for josh howard??

Apparently he likes playing in Utah and wouldn't mind finishing his career here. We saw not to long ago that AK would also give utah the first chance and sign with us. I would rather see AK back for a great deal, but if not I don't mind Josh howard as long as he is not taking time from any young prospects, which seems to be my only beef with him now. Although, can't say that is his fault since it's Corbin playing Howard over Burks. Anyways what do you guys think?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219225/Josh_Howard_Will_Consider_Re_Signing_With_Jazz

Haven't been a fan of the evolution of CJ's game, so I would resign Howard over Miles.

Also, I can see these trades being considered:
- Howard for Maynor
- Howard for Indy's conditional 1st

Who would ever trade a 1st round pick for josh howard??

Lakers seem like a viable option. Could be a contender, but they have no depth. If they think they can contend with just little more depth, then I'm sure they'd give up a pick in the high 20's to do it.

Lakers seem like a viable option. Could be a contender, but they have no depth. If they think they can contend with just little more depth, then I'm sure they'd give up a pick in the high 20's to do it.

I think INDY is very close to being a top 3/4 team in the East, where Howard could help in the post-season.
- Howard for conditional
- Howard/Bell for Jones/2nd

All NBA teams are required to have at least 12 players on their team, and we can't pay huge numbers to all of them. If Howard is willing to play for vet min, he can fill one of these slots.

From online dictionary:

re·sign (r-zn)
v. re·signed, re·sign·ing, re·signs
v.tr.
1. To submit (oneself) passively; accept as inevitable: I resigned myself to a long wait in line.
2. To give up (a position, for example), especially by formal notification.
3. To relinquish (a privilege, right, or claim). See Synonyms at relinquish.
v.intr.
To give up one's job or office; quit, especially by formal notification: resign from a board of directors.

I hate to the the jerk with the definitons, but this is one case where a post can be badly misinterpreted because of this. Is is resign or re-sign?

Edit: yeah, i'm pretty sure i know what he meant, so yeah, i'm the jerk today. ;)

From online dictionary:

I hate to the the jerk with the definitons, but this is one case where a post can be badly misinterpreted because of this. Is is resign or re-sign?

Edit: yeah, i'm pretty sure i know what he meant, so yeah, i'm the jerk today. ;)

Punctuation matters too.
Wish I knew how to post a bigger image!

PS_1080_EAT_GRANDMA.jpg

Miles on his interest in re-signing with Utah: If they want me back, it's obviously great and I've been here — it'll be seven years. I grew up here, basically. I learned a lot here. At the same time, if it plays out like that's not the way they want to go and something else happens – it's up in the air. This is the first year I'll be unrestricted, so maybe it'll be a little different. It's just that's the way it is. No disrespect to anybody. It's just the way it plays out. If there's a situation; if it seems like this is the place to be at that time, then I'm definitely going to be here and want to be here. I don't have any problems. I feel like I've had great times here. And if the situation is up in the air and it plays out the other way, and they decide to go in a different direction and my direction is a little different, then [it'll] work out. Like you said, it's just pretty much up in the air. It's the first year there's any real — it could go any way. Every other year, I was restricted. And then this year they had my option and they picked it up, which I was very grateful for, obviously — I wanted to be here. I'm just going to continue to try to keep getting better and hopefully they want to keep me here.

I think he just said.... maybe. Seven years is a long run for someone who just doesn't get it, so no maybe's here. Good bye CJ.