What's new

Game Thread Jul 30, 2020: Utah Jazz vs New Orleans Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 07-30-20

I really wanted Bradley to shine and was more up on him than a lot of people.

He just isn't good enough or consistent enough on offense to justify his laughable defense.

We tried, and its clear it's not working. Time to upgrade. Hes a really obviously weak spot in the rotation.
Both Davis and Bradley ended up being duds for us.
Bradley has improved a ton. He's young, so I would give up on him yet.

Can I throw a truth bomb here?

Apparently not.

But defunding the police means less training and help the police - it would make it worse.

Defunding usually refers to less para-military equipment and replacing police with social workers and others better trained to deal with the homeless, mentally ill, etc., not less training.

Also, black fathers need to marry the women who are having their children.

What's your evidence they don't, if they are not in jail and after adjusting for socio-economic status? Do impoverished white men really marry that much more often than impoverished black men?

Empirical research best supports explanations for the black-white marriage gap that involve labor market disparities and other structural disadvantages that black people face, especially black men. These explanations are rooted in classic demographic arguments about the affordability of marriage and about imbalances in the numbers of men and women available for marriage.

Growing up in a single mother household does lead to crime, and low income status.

I think you are confusing correlation and causation.

The fathers need to understand that the lives that they create are hugely important and if they don't matter to their fathers, then who do this kids matter for?

This is blaming black men for the effects of racism.

Is BLM "inclusionist" or "separatist"? Isn't the name itself implicitly racist? There's been lots of incidents of social injustice recently such as inhumane treatment (ICE) at the border resulting in deaths. Not Black Lives. Why is nobody in the movement "saying the name" of Vanessa Guillen? Not a Black Life.

I occasionally see this rhetorical tactic from people who want protestors to go away or or organizations to lose focus and scatter their resources. I have never seen it from someone who uses their own resources for a social justice cause they believe in. Perhaps you're the exception.

Holy **** that Dallas vs Houston score! I thought the game was about over when I checked online and it said like 40 seconds left. Figured Dallas had it won.
Then I went back to check the final and see that the 4th quarter just started.

They might both get to 150 points in regulation.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Holy **** that Dallas vs Houston score! I thought the game was about over when I checked online and it said like 40 seconds left. Figured Dallas had it won.

Doris Burke was saying they hold the record for most games lost down to the wire, implying they're choke artists. I pray we win enough games to draw them in the first round.

Geez Louise!! Trey Burk went off. 31 points 8-10 threes made. Lol

I occasionally see this rhetorical tactic from people who want protestors to go away or or organizations to lose focus and scatter their resources. I have never seen it from someone who uses their own resources for a social justice cause they believe in. Perhaps you're the exception.
Perhaps you're confusing me with someone else, I'm not Shaq that talks about social injustice and establishing your brand in the same sentence. I don't pander in that kind of sophistry. My argument is that there are more sinister forces at play implicit in our economic system as well as our collective psyches; and that "systemic" racism is either a byproduct or an excuse depending on your orientation. It is a paradigm that encourages the accumulation of unlimited wealth at the expense of resources and human dignity and therefore is implicitly oppressive in nature, creating opportunity for some and hardship and disillusionment for others. It is a system that glorifies brands and corporations as symbols of immortality. It's explicitly exploitative in nature - I mean it's good to exploit resources and your advantage isn't it? I.e., winning is everything.

It really doesn't have a lot to do with what you look like (not physically at least), the chief function of law enforcement has always been to preserve the status quo, to protect property and wealth. Again, racial profiling is just a byproduct. Until the plebes of this world learn to strip away the veneer and couch the dilemma in the proper terms; I mean collectively and in solidarity, we will continue to keep chasing our own tails, going round in circles as we are now, IMHO of course.

Last edited:
Perhaps you're confusing me with someone else, I'm not Shaq that talks about social injustice and establishing your brand in the same sentence. I don't pander in that kind of sophistry. My argument is that there are more sinister forces at play implicit in our economic system as well as our collective psyches; and that "systemic" racism is either a byproduct or an excuse depending on your orientation. It is a paradigm that encourages the accumulation of unlimited wealth at the expense of resources and human dignity and therefore is implicitly oppressive in nature, creating opportunity for some and hardship and disillusionment for others. It is a system that glorifies brands and corporations as symbols of immortality. It's explicitly exploitative in nature - I mean it's good to exploit resources and your advantage isn't it? I.e., winning is everything.

It really doesn't have a lot to do with what you look like (not physically at least), the chief function of law enforcement has always been to preserve the status quo, to protect property and wealth. Again, racial profiling is just a byproduct. Until the plebes of this world learn to strip away the veneer and couch the dilemma in the proper terms; I mean collectively and in solidarity, we will continue to keep chasing our own tails, going round in circles as we are now, IMHO of course.

What about the murder of Breona? Her constitutional rights we violated and she was killed in her own home. No knocking, no presenting a warrant. Just break in, and start shooting because they thought a druggie lived there. That's not keeping the status quo - that's the exact opposite.

So come on, there is work to be done here. We need to rethink our constitution and the police. We can't muscle people around unless someone's life is in immediate danger.. Geez.

And don't get me going on respecting the constitution. What is Trump doing asking for the election to be delayed? That is unconstitutional to the extreme. He benefits by getting an extra year in office, maybe two or more. That's fascistic by definition without doubt. He is not entitled to the office, but he doesn't want to lose. That's garbage man, pure filthy garbage.

Last edited:
He puts it at the basket almost every time he touches it. Sometimes it goes in. Sometimes he forces really bad shots.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
He’s a big reason we won... shooters shoot. Let JC be. He knows what he is... coach knows what he is... gotta take the good with the bad.

I love the Jazz, but this team is fatally flawed. The lack of chemistry is apparent. The Jazz have just as much collective talent as they've ever had, but they can't put it together. This whole restart is going to be really demoralizing. This game everybody looks sloppy and lost. If we can't even compete with OKC, we might just as well just look forward to a 4-0 sweep in the first round this year at the hands of anyone we play. Houston, OKC, Denver, and Dallas will all run circles around us in this state.

I love the Jazz, but this team is fatally flawed. The lack of chemistry is apparent. The Jazz have just as much collective talent as they've ever had, but they can't put it together. This whole restart is going to be really demoralizing. This game everybody looks sloppy and lost. If we can't even compete with OKC, we might just as well just look forward to a 4-0 sweep in the first round this year at the hands of anyone we play. Houston, OKC, Denver, and Dallas will all run circles around us in this state.
Well we are minus our second leading scorer, and only real sf.