Julian Assange Must Be Freed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eenie-Meenie, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
  2. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Those who feel sympathetic to Assange should read how he exploits the freedom the western democracies provide to hurt democracy and serve authoritarian regimes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/01/world/europe/wikileaks-julian-assange-russia.html

one must ask, if Assange was really against corruption, why doesn't he ever go after Russia? Is Russia not corrupt enough? If Assange was really about promoting freedom of speech, why does he attack western democracies that (imperfectly) permit freedom of speech yet leave authoritarian regimes like Russia unscathed?

3. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Oy. ****ing oy.

4. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    You know what pisses me off about you, Thriller, is that you're so bleeping arrogant you post your opinion without reading the posts you criticize. If you read it, you would've learned that Wikileaks has published 800,000 documents indicting Russian corruption over the years. All you do is post MSM reports which represent Wall Street interests to support your points. Their leadership hates Assange because he has exposed the corrupt activities of autocratic governments like the U.S., which they control, and Russia.

5. Joncolton

Joncolton Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    I would think it would be harder to get information from a more closed society, but I'm not an expert on things like this. It just seems like trying to get dirt on Russia, China, or Saudi Arabia is going to be a lot more difficult, as the people with information face severe consequences for file sharing. It seems like most of the stuff that Assange has put out (that I've heard about) was info that was GIVEN to him, not stuff that he personally hacked out of networks.

6. Jazzta

Jazzta Guest

Jul 25, 2017
    Free Assange.