What's new

July 9th, Summer League Game 2: Jazz vs Rockets 1:00 PM MT

Beverly was tearing it up for the Rocketes. May not be the best matchup for Burke to shine.

They brought Terrence Jones but not Monti to summer league. Interesting. Maybe becasue Monti played in a bunch of games last season compared to Jones living in the D-league. But I guess there is a possibility that Monti has been traded.

I was too lazy to read the date for this game- so I was looking all over for it. So at least I didn't miss it.

can a mod pls change time on title

dont want to mislead anyone

Damn, was hoping for a Numberica rant.

head_explodes.jpg

After watching the other Rookie PG's, I think Burke had a great game. I think most important skill of a PG, is winning games and having that competitiveness to win (which really shined in the 4th quarter).

Burke didn't make the point difference to win, but he did what he needed to, to win the game. He didn't turn over the ball that much, he controlled the game very good for a rookie. He also helped the team score, personally loved the last period plays that were Burke penetrating and interior passing to Gobert for a Dunk, and then Evans for the Dunk. I think it also took tons of confidence to keep shooting after having none sink, and also being able to adapt to situation and leave with a win!

Beverly was tearing it up for the Rocketes. May not be the best matchup for Burke to shine.

They brought Terrence Jones but not Monti to summer league. Interesting. Maybe becasue Monti played in a bunch of games last season compared to Jones living in the D-league. But I guess there is a possibility that Monti has been traded.

Only thing the rockets can tear up is a group of 5 dollar hookers.

After watching the other Rookie PG's, I think Burke had a great game. I think most important skill of a PG, is winning games and having that competitiveness to win (which really shined in the 4th quarter).

Burke didn't make the point difference to win, but he did what he needed to, to win the game. He didn't turn over the ball that much, he controlled the game very good for a rookie. He also helped the team score, personally loved the last period plays that were Burke penetrating and interior passing to Gobert for a Dunk, and then Evans for the Dunk. I think it also took tons of confidence to keep shooting after having none sink, and also being able to adapt to situation and leave with a win!

Let's not go overboard here. He was able to get around his man but he struggled when going up against the NBA bigs. His shot was off from the perimeter. He didn't manage the clock well and seemed more concerned with showing his "leadership" by waving players around the court rather than ensuring the possession was successful. The offense, as a whole, looked like a sluggish mess with lanes and the paint clogged, screens not being well set, and a lack of crisp passing out of the PNRs.

I'm still really high on Burke, and I think that he's dealing with some poor surrounding talent while also trying to learn the offensive system in a really short time, but he really didn't have a great game. He didn't even have a good one.

Luckily, that doesn't mean anything - it will be his growth from one game to the next that matters more than anything, since that will be reflective of his work ethic and learning curve - both of which I expect to be strong.