What's new

Game Thread Jun 08, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 06-08-21

In what world would any team feel good about losing when:

The opposing team missed 21 shots in a row over an entire 8+ minute span.

You were up 13 at half and blew it.

The opposing team is missing their all-star starting PG.

Luke Kennard, Reggie Jackson, Nic Batum, DeMarcus Cousins and Rajon Rondo combine for 11-17 from 3.

Nobody on the opposing team shot 50% from the field besides Mitchell and Favors (1-1).

But, sure, yeah, cheers to the moral victory Clippers fans!!!

Jazz too good for these chumps.
Jazz win

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
It will really suck if conley is out. It could be argued he was our best player in round one (I think he was) and definitely our best shooter.
But......
Against the clippers it might not be the worst think to start the game hiding Mitchell on the defense on the clippers point guard and then having Royce on Leonard and Ingles on Paul George.

Also, I think what really hurts royce is when he has to guard smaller quicker guys that run all over the place. I think Royce gets worn down. I don't think Leonard runs as many miles on the court as the Steph curry/Damian Lillard types.
This matchup should be just what Royce is made for. He needs to have a good series defensively.

Regarding the starpower edge that the clippers supposedly have:

Donovan Mitchell last year in the playoffs averaged 36.3 PPG in 37 minutes.

Kahwi averaged 24.3 PPG in 39.5 minutes.

This season Donovan is averaging 28.5 PPG in 29.9 minutes.

Kawhi is averaging 32.1 PPG in 40.7 minutes.

We have some major alphas and tough battle ready players on this roster. Bogey is fearless and tough as nails. Donovan and gobert are primed and ready to go and chomping the bit.
Royce isn't afraid of any matchup and is going to be all up in kahwi all series.
Joe ain't scared of anyone and will probably make pg13 cry at some point.
We have seen playoff favors before and know what he can do..... Especially against the clippers.
Niang and Clarkson gonna eat.

Conley gonna be fresh and rested when he comes back and the clippers will have to adjust for another head of the hydra after being flummoxed by the 8 heads they will have already had to face

I feel bad for the clippers.

Donovan Mitchell is the only player who is undefeated in these playoffs.

I think the jazz are better than the Mavs.

It took the clippers 7 games to beat the Mavs.

Kahwi Leonard shot 43% on long twos in the regular season. He shot 70% on long twos in round 1 vs dallas and they still almost lost to the Mavs

No one has been able to stop Mitchell in the playoffs.

Clippers haven't had to play in front of a crowd like they will see tonight in a long time. Vivivt going to be rocking. Plus there is the often discussed altitude factor.

Dark mode jerseys and dark mode court and the crowd colors get me so hyped.

Let's go jazz!

These aged well

I would keep Oni and Forrest off the court.
Play Donovan, jingles, and Clarkson a few more minutes each.

This series is too hard and important to risk those two or any of our scrubs touching the court.

And I stand by this. I hated seeing Oni out there. He looked terrified

The clippers shot 2 free-throw less and Paul George is complaining about the officiating?

Some credit due:

- Bojan has played fine defense this post season and this matchup seems to be a good one that he can use his strength (which he has relatively more of) rather than his quickness (obviously less of). Also, he played a team-high 38 minutes.

- Favors has looked amazing. He’s looking like the full MLE man.

- Royce with great effort and this is the perfect kind of defensive matchup for him.

- PG sucks, as always.

- I’d like to see Forrest with the spot minutes.

- Quin needs an answer for Ingles. Both defenders come up high on the picks and he’s too deep to do anything with it and he gets shut down and out of rhythm. I was worried that three he passed up late in the game could have come back to haunt us. We need him to arrive. Conley back should help.

- Curious when Conley will debut.

I want new announcers as well. Their stupid comment at the beginning of the game saying neither team has made the finals!
Who is worse Greg Anthony or Mark Jackson? I think Jackson by a hair because all he says is “that’s called gettin it done” but it’s close. Snooze fest.

Who is worse Greg Anthony or Mark Jackson? I think Jackson by a hair because all he says is “that’s called gettin it done” but it’s close. Snooze fest.
I think Anthony is worse.

But this question is like asking what is worse, herpes or gonorrhea.