What's new

Game Thread Jun 08, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 06-08-21

Miss 21 shots in a row, down 13 at half, a group of Clippers not named PG or KL shoot 65% from three with 11 makes, a blatant missed traveling and out of bounds call on Kawhi in final 2+ minutes resulting in 5 points..only to have the 3x DPOY save the day with a swat; satisfying.
It's my new PC wallpaper. Hopefully I get a new one on Thursday!

I disagree, not when Rondo had the ball. He gave it up with ~10s to go, there is no point in fouling then. Rondo isn't historically a good FT shooter, but he does have 94% for the season, and LAC had a timeout. If you foul then, you give yourself an opportunity to lose. I think it was a good strategy.
I think you always should foul. Even if the guy you are fouling is a 100% free throw shooter.
If they make both free throws then you are still up 1 point with the ball and like 5 seconds left.
I prefer to be up by 1 rather than tied up which is what you risk by not fouling.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I thought they were good, both of them. Also, while the refs certainly had some crucial calls in favor of LAC, we did get some as well. Not sure it was that lopsided all in all.
I thought we got the calls in the first half and the clippers got the calls in the second half

We could not play first half any worse, we had no Conley and we still won. My prediction does not change. Jazz in 5.

Yea but there is a chance the guy makes the first and misses the second and we don't get the rebound. Then they make the 3pt and you lose. I know it is a small chance but I have seen it happen. Playing great defense is the better choice because even if they make a 3pt the game is tied.
Disagree. It is only in NBA where they do not foul in these situations. Every coach in Euroleague and FIBA competitions fouls in such situation and success rate with preserving the lead and winning the game is much higher than trying to defend a 3. It is pretty much automatic and nobody even questions it.

Disagree. It is only in NBA where they do not foul in these situations. Every coach in Euroleague and FIBA competitions fouls in such situation and success rate with preserving the lead and winning the game is much higher than trying to defend a 3. It is pretty much automatic and nobody even questions it.
Right. The scenario mapped out in the post you're replying to is far less likely than them hitting a three and tying the game.

You just have to be smart about the fouling.

Some people see their team falter and they get sad, they hope there is still a way to win.

Other fans see the team falter and they begin to air all the past grievances like some nightmare GF/BF or spouse.

Some people see their team falter and they get sad, they hope there is still a way to win.

Other fans see the team falter and they begin to air all the past grievances like some nightmare GF/BF or spouse.
What if when the team starts to falter I list out past grievances i had with my wife and look for ways to get with my old GFs.

Super under-rated moment last night. Morris decides he is going to set the tone by being an ***... decides to get in Bogey's head... except Bogey is a Cyborg Assassin who has no time for this bull ****. He just sits there like a stone face killer... Morris keeps going... no effect... Morris gets a tech... Bogey still has given zero effs.

Its the John Stockton approach to **** talking. Say nothing... its one of the reasons Gary Payton respected him so much... no time for this bull **** cuz I've got a game to win.

Everything I do is over the top because it's literally the only way I keep myself from picking up a chair and throwing it through a window.

Everything I do is over the top because it's literally the only way I keep myself from picking up a chair and throwing it through a window.
I understand. I honestly do.

I'm at a different place now, but I've been there. Not long ago.

Super under-rated moment last night. Morris decides he is going to set the tone by being an ***... decides to get in Bogey's head... except Bogey is a Cyborg Assassin who has no time for this bull ****. He just sits there like a stone face killer... Morris keeps going... no effect... Morris gets a tech... Bogey still has given zero effs.

Its the John Stockton approach to **** talking. Say nothing... its one of the reasons Gary Payton respected him so much... no time for this bull **** cuz I've got a game to win.
Bogey demeanor has always been one of my favorite "skills" of his. He is stone cold. I will always prefer him taking the final game tying/winning 3 over anyone else on the team.

Ice in his veins.

Fair. Thanks for the explanation

Bogey demeanor has always been one of my favorite "skills" of his. He is stone cold. I will always prefer him taking the final game tying/winning 3 over anyone else on the team.

Ice in his veins.

I am fairly sure he works as a government assassin in the offseason... not for the money... to keep his edge. Like a 6'8" Jason Bourne.