What's new

Game Thread Jun 16, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 06-16-21

Disappointing. We are not getting anything easy while they seem to be running the same play and get wide open. To play well the entire season and now watch this is maddening.

How Quin doesn’t walk on the court and absolutely not move until they review that foul on Royce is beyond me... it was the exact same call as the flagrant. Exact same thing. The refs not reviewing it is ridiculous but Royce shouldn’t have to be the one telling the ref to look at it. Just awful. Help your team get every advantage you can. What the hell.

Quin has one quarter to figure it out or I think it's perfectly acceptable to question whether he's the right guy to lead the Jazz. This is in excusable.

I said before the playoffs I thought Quin was a mediocre playoff coach. I'm ready to adjust that to 'bad' playoff coach if the Jazz lose this game because he's getting torched by Ty Lou. I've never been more frustrated and disgusted as a Jazz fans than I am right now.

Mitchell needs to learn to use his gravity to make players better when he clearly doesnt have it. I love him, but this is the next step in his development.

Agreed! He hasn’t made any defensive adjustments. They are still pulling Rudy out and switching to him. Rudy is badass on D. But on the perimeter he’s a liability. And no adjustments for that. Quite sad as a bright minded coach.
Eh, Rudy has been holding out his own and then helping some. His impact is always going to be lower against when he is out on the perimeter but he has not been a liability. Others though, they need Gobert near the paint like I need some beer now.

Also not much Quin can do about it. He tried Oni on the nails and implemented rotations that we didn't see in regular season. Guys just aren't playing defense.