What's new

Junkyard Dog

homeytennis

After reading the Trib's article about Carroll, we need him and 14 more like him on the Jazz. That guy must have been getting blood transfusions from John Stockton, Karl Malone and Frank Layden. Dude is an OKguy.

tumblr_inline_mhd42tahAR1qz4rgp.gif

"I think it's a great summer for Jazz basketball," he said. "They want people who want to be here. They don't want people who don't want to be here."

Sounds like the team may have been fractured a bit. I'm guessing PM was one of the guys in the latter category.

There's been absolutely no reason Carroll didn't get more playing time this season. A few more minutes here and there could have made the difference in a few games. Players like JYD straight up win ball games for you.

Jazz management needs to do everything in their power to retain JYD.

I agree. Come on back Junkyard Dog. You are wanted by the fans!!

I told you the youngsters are just grateful for the chance to be on a team. They don't need to actually play; court time is for veterans.
Sincerely,
Ty Corbin

JYD!!! Really hope he is back next year, and gets over 20 per game.

Edit: by 20 per game I mean twenty minutes.

Last edited:
I told you the youngsters are just grateful for the chance to be on a team. They don't need to actually play; court time is for veterans.
Sincerely,
Ty Corbin
The hilarious thing is after the loss in Milwaukee Ty actually referred to DeMarre as a "veteran" but apparently Carroll lost some of his experience and became a young guy again later in the season.

"I think it's a great summer for Jazz basketball," he said. "They want people who want to be here. They don't want people who don't want to be here."

Sounds like the team may have been fractured a bit. I'm guessing PM was one of the guys in the latter category.

What does Perry Mason have to do with anything... we're talking Jazz Basketball here... and vets.

Agreed. I think Hayward is a hustle guy also - but we need more scrappy players, talented, much like Stockton, Malone, and Coach Sloan (the ultimate scrapper). The Pistons used this formula multiple times and had success; I think a core of tough players spreads to the rest of the team. Also, Carroll has guts, sticks up for his teammates and doesn't back down - he needs to stay a Jazz player.

Agreed. I think Hayward is a hustle guy also - but we need more scrappy players, talented, much like Stockton, Malone, and Coach Sloan (the ultimate scrapper). The Pistons used this formula multiple times and had success; I think a core of tough players spreads to the rest of the team. Also, Carroll has guts, sticks up for his teammates and doesn't back down - he needs to stay a Jazz player.

If Jeremy gets a run he will be one scrappy dude.

I would like to see what Evans can do as he develops. His minutes go down every year - I think a new coach would be the best thing for Evans.

If Carroll doesn't stay here I wouldn't blame him. The most puzzling thing about Ty this year was his treatment of him over the end of the season. Why play here when he'll just put a guy like Marvin Williams ahead of him. If you look at both their stat lines and the eyeball test they are about equal with the first and Carroll easily hustles his *** off way more than Marvin ever has. Yet Marv somehow got 7 more MPG over the course of a season than Carroll did, and Carroll was nearly a non-factor for some inexplicable reason towards the end of the year.

Wow, just another reason I detest Ty as a head coach.