What's new

Just a completely random list of NBA players making between 10 and 14 million this season

JimLes

No ulterior motive, so don't read anything into it.

image.png

Tim Duncan and only 10 mill. I thought he would have been much higher than that.

Tim Duncan and only 10 mill. I thought he would have been much higher than that.

Took a pay cut that halved his salary 2 years ago, so the Spurs could sign some players. Splitter was one of them...signed a new deal this past year. Splitter makes as much as Duncan this year, basically. Seems like a travesty, but I think you ought to look at it in a different way. Splitter and Duncan combined make 20 million a year. Considering their production and impact together, that's a pretty good deal. I mean, Amare makes more than that.

This reinforces my view that you don't pay 8-digits to perimeter players that aren't great at creating. Cutting out bigs, perimeter guys that are worth it, and the guys that are just dead-weight, this list as it compares to Hayward is Batum and Galinari (both of whom would be making less than Hayward is asking). I'm not sure Hayward is better than them.

That's what happens when players buy into a system, love their team and their coach. I bet Pop plays a big part in that decision being made.

This reinforces my view that you don't pay 8-digits to perimeter players that aren't great at creating. Cutting out bigs, perimeter guys that are worth it, and the guys that are just dead-weight, this list as it compares to Hayward is Batum and Galinari (both of whom would be making less than Hayward is asking). I'm not sure Hayward is better than them.

If we're trying to figure out the market value of a player, you can't just cut out players when comparing, regardless of intention.

You can't compare apples to apples? Okay.

Of course not. Some people need apples and some need oranges. Some even need the awful durian fruit. If you want to look at position, why not look at the need at the time the contract was signed, too? Or, why not just cut all that crap and just look at all the players and ask what 12 or 14 million can buy you, on average? Isn't that how market value works?

Pretty much the only Shooting Guard on that list is James Harden. Harden is a superstar, he deserves what he gets paid. For Hayward to expect Harden-like money is a stretch.

Stockton took less money to give it to Malone, iirc.

Pretty much the only Shooting Guard on that list is James Harden. Harden is a superstar, he deserves what he gets paid. For Hayward to expect Harden-like money is a stretch.

In fairness to Hayward, he is a more well rounded player. Hayward is an excellent defender. Harden is all offense. Its really good offense. But his D is terrible.

I dont know if that is arguing with you. Just thought Id point it out. I bet Hayward gets around 11 mil a year.

Of course not. Some people need apples and some need oranges. Some even need the awful durian fruit. If you want to look at position, why not look at the need at the time the contract was signed, too? Or, why not just cut all that crap and just look at all the players and ask what 12 or 14 million can buy you, on average? Isn't that how market value works?

Durian is so ****ing disgusting.

Took a pay cut that halved his salary 2 years ago, so the Spurs could sign some players. Splitter was one of them...signed a new deal this past year.

Dedication. Too bad more players are like this these days.

So what you are saying here is that it is time to put Kris Humphries back into a Jazz uni? That is the only possible implication of the information that you have laid out here.