What's new

Justin Zanik and David Morway are joining the Utah Jazz as top front office executives under DL

Decent. Justin Zanik was with the Jazz before being given his shot with the Bucks. He's reportedly really good.

This is a sneaky big deal.

As a Utah Jazz and former San Diego Chargers fan, I cannot express how much I value the Jazz ownership and front office.

This is one of those things that flies under the radar. There's a ton of experience in that front office.

What do assistant GM's even do? Just more people for DL to say "This guy really liked this player so we drafted him" about?

Maybe it's because I'm young but LA doesn't seem like an NFL city to me, not that SD is much better but LA doesn't make sense except for business reasons.

i see you refuse to call them the other city name also. They will always be the san diego chargers to me

I live in L.A. and didn't like the fact the Chargers were leaving San Diego. When the move was being discussed they had the ninth or so worst attendance record - the two worst were the Rams and Raiders. I think the Raiders should have been moved back to L.A. and the Chargers should have stayed - it's weird L.A. suddenly has two teams again.

I'd imagine you could have more people running the phones, getting feelers on where we would be as far as leverage in deals. Someone could talk with someone else but it could look like DL still plays his cards on the vest because they could assume the other assistant to the GM may be speaking for them self and not Dennis.

Just a thought. Not saying that's how it is.

All your GMs are belong to us!

We should hire Griffin and Hinkie, too... if we cannot get the players, get all the GMs in the league!

Now we have KOC, former GM, as a consultant. Justin Zanick, former interim GM of the Bucks and David Morway, former Pacers GM as high role FO executives under DL.