What's new

Karl Malone looking frail in recent pic.

@Handlogten's Heros remember a couple days ago I made a post about Ryan commissioning Post Malone and jump shot Malone as an official clergy of Jazz basketball? You laughed, but now you mourn.

Look, all of Houston, Philly and Brooklyn are finishing outside the playoffs. They will be the first three picks after the ping pong balls. We get the third pick. The first pick is going to be Henderson because they fall in love. The second pick is going to be Bol Bol Bol, a surprise that sneaks up with a lot of hype and none other than Manute Bol’s grandson. We will be left taking Victor W (anyone pointed out the interesting meaning of his first name and last name initial?). We will have traded for Westbrook mid-season and will be acquiring 27 and 29 unprotected and a 28 swap, because of the Lakers’ desperation. There’s a long buyout negotiation with Westbrook that never materializes and he gets sent home. The Wolves want to move on from Rudy and when free agency opens we will execute a S&T of Westbrook for Rudy and Jaden McDaniels. Joe Ingles will re-sign as will Patrick Beverley and Donte Divincenzo. NAW is going to be traded to the Beijing Ducks for Cairen Zhang.

Oh, and the Lakers traded us their pick this year (after the selection) for the rights to Quin. Ainge is also trading this year’s jersey design rights to the Rio Grand Valley Vipers for two second round G League picks. Pat Riley steps down with the Heat and becomes a consultant to the Jazz FO, later given the title Special Provost of Basketball Operations. Ryan commissions Post Malone and Jump Shot Malone to form an official clergy of Jazz basketball. Justin Zanick goes into Timpanogos cave on his day off and finds the infinity stones, bringing Mark Eaton back to life, in his prime.

This is what 20 years of relentless NBA games do to you
Ben Simmons will look wonderful when he retires :) :) :) :)

Damn I was expecting to open this and have it be an over reaction but ole boy looks rough for sure.
I don't exaggerate. Hopefully all of that cigar smoking didn't give him throat or mouth cancer. He looked like a brick *****ouse not that long ago.

He looks better than 99% of people his age. His skin is just more worn because of his time spent outside.

You know you lose muscle mass as you age, especially when you aren't taking the same steroids you were taking as a player.

The dude is 59. His hair is now mostly white. He's going to age.

He did something for The Utah Food Bank like a year ago and showed off his chest and he's still a lean beast.

He looks better than 99% of people his age. His skin is just more worn because of his time spent outside.

You know you lose muscle mass as you age, especially when you aren't taking the same steroids you were taking as a player.
He clearly does not look better than 99% of people his age in that picture. He looks sick in that picture.

I ran into him in a sportsman warehouse in Alaska last sumner. We had quite a conversation and he was lean, but looked great. He's a really fun guy to talk to when he's up there in his element. He has a lodge right on the Kenai river.

I'm not sure if it's frail or weathered. It's hard to tell by a single still frame.
Weathered. And losing some muscle mass, and the fact that he never carried much fat anyway, and as you age your skin doesn't bounce back anymore in response to body mass gains or losses, so as he loses body mass, and doesn't add any fat on top of it, his skin hangs more loosely. It's just the way it is. He could still probably give us 10 productive minutes per night off the bench, odds are he is in that kind of shape. Dude is a machine. Stockton probably could to. I would lobby to sign both of them to short deals if we are flirting with getting a ring to correct the travesty of them being the best duo to never win one. Stockton with weapons like Lauri would dominate. And in short stretches I bet both of them could still be effective. Would be fun to see anyway, get them their rings.