What's new

Kemba Walker

Man i like Batum game but I didn’t realize his contract had 3 years after this one. Thought it had 2.

I think he’d be a good fit but *****alls.

I like Kemba, but not convinced it fits well enough. I think it would work but have a ceiling.

I think either way we could get involved here to help with the salary components of the deal. If I was Charlotte I am trying to get off of Batums money with Kemba. That is so depressing if you’re a hornets fan. I will not complain about anything jazz related for one week to show my gratitude to the team and management.

TJ6dcQu.jpg

Man i like Batum game but I didn’t realize his contract had 3 years after this one. Thought it had 2.

I think he’d be a good fit but *****alls.

I like Kemba, but not convinced it fits well enough. I think it would work but have a ceiling.

I think either way we could get involved here to help with the salary components of the deal. If I was Charlotte I am trying to get off of Batums money with Kemba. That is so depressing if you’re a hornets fan. I will not complain about anything jazz related for one week to show my gratitude to the team and management.
Nothing is getting them off Batum. He is terrible w/ his injuries. They need to just trade for Hood and let Monk/Hood/Batum lead them to tank. Find out what they got in Monk. See if Hood can be a starter. Get their lottery pick in the top 5. Pray Utah doesnt make the playoffs.

Kemba just isnt big enough of an asset w/ only 1 more year on his deal left to get off multiple bad contracts or a mega bad one like Batum's (honestly one of the top 3 worst in the NBA).

nah... we need size and D at the point
Wut? Who you been watching? The size and D is coming in Rudy Gobert.

The Jazz desperately need offense. (Oh, and the Pelton trades has them getting a long SG and a stretch 4 w/ some of the best 3pt numbers in the NBA).

The real question is does Gobert/DM/Kemba win us a chip? Because if we do the trade Pelton suggests we will have no financial flexibility, no good trade assets, and no good draft picks. It's an all in move. I'm not sold that Kemba is enough. When Gobert and DM are entering their prime he'll be in his 30's.

For what it's worth, Marvin Williams advanced stats are pretty damn good.

1.8 OBPM and .7 DBPM.

For reference, no one on Utah has a OBPM above 1 besides Mitchell, and his is 1.9.

Oh and Lamb, has 1.3 and .3

So this trade would actually net us 3 offensive players who are better than anyone on our team, at least by some metrics, sans Mitchell (and of course Gobert, but he has barely played).

The real question is does Gobert/DM/Kemba win us a chip? Because if we do the trade Pelton suggests we will have no financial flexibility, no good trade assets, and no good draft picks. It's an all in move. I'm not sold that Kemba is enough. When Gobert and DM are entering their prime he'll be in his 30's.
I don't think that's the question. If that's the question to any move, you would never make any moves.

The question is: Is this the move that gives us the best chance at long-term success and makes us competitive.

Age wise Gobert and Kemba are going to falter before Mitchell. Clearly w/e the Jazz do revolving around a Gobert core has an expiration date before Mitchell's. Jazz will have to do some sort of pivot at some point like the Spurs have done. That's so far down the road though. It's not like this trade is selling multiple huge assets. Jazz will have all their future picks.

I would do the pelton trade but just like the Bulls deal I would offer a 2019 first instead of 2018.

I would give it with light protections... top 8 or so.

I do wonder if we would be willing to do the mechanics of the trade but Kemba goes elsewhere... we keep our pick and get a sweetener from another team.

The fit age and contract wise isn’t ideal and I don’t know that we need to be trying to take shortcuts.

This is a tough one... I really like walker.

For what it's worth, Marvin Williams advanced stats are pretty damn good.

1.8 OBPM and .7 DBPM.

For reference, no one on Utah has a OBPM above 1 besides Mitchell, and his is 1.9.

Oh and Lamb, has 1.3 and .3

So this trade would actually net us 3 offensive players who are better than anyone on our team, at least by some metrics, sans Mitchell (and of course Gobert, but he has barely played).

Looking at advanced metrics for Rubio and subbing out Ricky for Kemba would make us really really good.

Looking at advanced metrics for Rubio and subbing out Ricky for Kemba would make us really really good.
Especially considering that, generally speaking, on Ricky's sporadic really good nights, the Jazz look fantastic. Kemba >> good night Ricky. And Ricky playing well still doesn't open up the floor in the same way Kemba would.

I'd think about Marvin and Kemba for Favors, Burks, and a highly protected first. Marvin adds a competent stretch 4 (albeit on an iffy contract) and I think Kemba and Mitchell can play together. Rubio moves to backup point guard until we unload him. Hornets get to start unloading contracts (Favors contract is especially nice) and get a serviceable wing and a protected first out of the deal.

I'd think about Marvin and Kemba for Favors, Burks, and a highly protected first. Marvin adds a competent stretch 4 (albeit on an iffy contract) and I think Kemba and Mitchell can play together. Rubio moves to backup point guard until we unload him. Hornets get to start unloading contracts (Favors contract is especially nice) and get a serviceable wing and a protected first out of the deal.
I think you're pretty severely undervaluing Kamba.

Agree that this would be an all-in kind of move, and I'm not going all-in on Kemba Walker. Also, RE: Marvin Williams, he's already getting up there in age. Leaves the question of the 4 pretty open moving forward. Mirotic does too, but mostly because he'd expire after next season.

I think the Wet Bandit fit is pretty damn good though.