What's new

Kevin Durant to the Jazz in 2016?

akirac73

OK this sounds crazy, I know, but watching Game 7 of the OKC/Grizzlies game got me thinking...

KD mentioned on a TV interview that Karl Malone called him up to offer his support and encouragement prior to game 7. Maybe there's a strong Malone/Durant connection going on that we aren't fully aware of, and one that the Jazz could one day use to lure the best scoring NBA player since Michael Jordan via free agency? KD becomes an unrestricted Free Agent in 2016. If the Jazz continue to play their cards right in terms of maintaining cap space, maybe we can make a strong run for him in a couple of years. He'll only be 27 years old, still lots prime years ahead of him. He seems to be okay with playing in a small market (it hasn't stopped him from getting numerous endorsement deals anyway), and he just seems like a good old-fashioned Utah Jazz type of player: humble, smart, soft spoken, hard working, doesn't get into trouble, etc.

Yeah it's a long shot, but one can dream...(and it sounds more realistic than Mark Jackson coaching the Jazz).

Im all for it,remember they did play together in the Sears shooting stars at the All Star game.
wait and see I guess

Newman and Durant in 2016!

Don-King-Waving-American-Flags-USA-USA-USA.jpg

don-king-o.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7SEWfRq3Ec

Main reason this ain't gonna happen...

Jazz won't have the cap space after signing LeBron to a MAX deal next summer.

Main reason this ain't gonna happen...

Jazz won't have the cap space after signing LeBron to a MAX deal next summer.

The Decision Part II: "I'm going to take my talents to Salt Lake City and join the Utah Jazz"

In 2023, whichever player in the 2014 the Jazz DON'T draft that becomes a superstar will sign as a free agent with the Jazz because the Jazz scouted him and there were rumors the Jazz would have taken them with their pick.

In 2023, whichever player in the 2014 the Jazz DON'T draft that becomes a superstar will sign as a free agent with the Jazz because the Jazz scouted him and there were rumors the Jazz would have taken them with their pick.
Deron will come crawling back, literally, to Utah in a couple of years. Will admit he was in the wrong. Unfortunately, his left ankle will remain in Brooklyn.

Deron will come crawling back, literally, to Utah in a couple of years. Will admit he was in the wrong. Unfortunately, his left ankle will remain in Brooklyn.

Old Deron would be a decent backup guard.