What's new

Kevin love to OKC

....if the Thunder got Love....they would be in great shape for next year and years to come! What would they have to give up? Isn't Love an unrestricted free agent? The Thunder need somewhat of a bench, but with Durant, Westbrook, Iboka and Love....I see about 120 points per game on a good night and 105 on a bad night!

Would have to give up Westbrook.

They aren't signing Love, too expensive and Thunder have shown they don't want to spend too much $$$ since they didn't even try to re-sign Harden.

It would be very hard financially for OKC. Wolves would have to give up Westbrook or Ibaka. I see Pau Gasol as a stronger possibility for OKC to sign as a free agent. He would have to take a reasonable pay cut and they ould have to unload Perkins deal somewhere, but it could work.

It would be very hard financially for OKC. Wolves would have to give up Westbrook or Ibaka. I see Pau Gasol as a stronger possibility for OKC to sign as a free agent. He would have to take a reasonable pay cut and they ould have to unload Perkins deal somewhere, but it could work.

They could amnesty Perkins. I have to think OKC would consider it if it meant landing Gasol.

If I were OKC, I'd do Love for Westbrook, then start Reggie Jackson, lot more balanced team. It would be small with Ibaka at center but an offensive juggernaut. The only question is how would Love and Durant co-exist?

Personally, I think Love is a bit overhyped. If you are truly a Top 10 player and you can't lead your team even once to an 8th seed playoff spot, you are not a Top 10 player or even a No. 1 option on your team. Lebron led a Cleveland team to the Finals! Melo led Denver to the playoffs every year. Love might be a good#2, but he is certainly not a #1.

That said, if I was Love, I would go to Sacramento. A front court of Love, Cousins, and Gay would be one of the best in the league. It is in California and close to home in Portland and his college days in LA. Sacramento might have the assets to get him too in a trade -- McLemore + Thompson + #8 + future first. In Sac, he would also truly have a chance to build something and be the face of the franchise, but the #2 option on the court.

Personally, I think Love is a bit overhyped.

.....yeah, even though he's improved every year he's been in the league, averaged 26 points, 12 rebounds and almost 5 assists last year......he's pathetically flawed because he doesn't grasp the "team" concept of basketball, and would be well served to give up the game and look for another line of work!