What's new

Kings and Griz Can Coaches

I've been wondering if Igor wishes he would have stayed as an assistant. I don't know why anyone would want to be a head coach. Well, except for money and prestige.

I hope Ettore Messina gets that Kings job... then we'll really get to see what he's made of at the NBA level..

I've been wondering if Igor wishes he would have stayed as an assistant. I don't know why anyone would want to be a head coach. Well, except for money and prestige.

I think money and having total control is what they seek. You want to be the best, not just an assistant.

I think the issue isn’t with assistant coaches taking head coaching positions. It’s with assistant coaches taking on head coaching jobs that have zero chance of succeeding. The Kings and Suns organizations have been dumpster fires for at least a decade. Why set yourself up for failure like that? I don’t understand why Igor took that job. Why not wait until a more stable franchise opens up? Perfect example? The jazz post Sloan. True, the team lacked talent. But the franchise wasn’t going to be down forever. Quin was smart.

I think the issue isn’t with assistant coaches taking head coaching positions. It’s with assistant coaches taking on head coaching jobs that have zero chance of succeeding. The Kings and Suns organizations have been dumpster fires for at least a decade. Why set yourself up for failure like that? I don’t understand why Igor took that job. Why not wait until a more stable franchise opens up? Perfect example? The jazz post Sloan. True, the team lacked talent. But the franchise wasn’t going to be down forever. Quin was smart.

The Kings are no longer a dumpster fire though really, and they certainly do not lack talent. Vlade appears to be one of the best GM's in the league actually.

Both of these organizations are under relatively new ownerships too. IDK if it's fair to really lump in the failures of past regimes in, but actually, thats fair, it is what it is.

I think Vlade is a moron. The way he handled the Boogie/George Karl dustup was very telling that he does not have what it takes.

I think Vlade is a moron. The way he handled the Boogie/George Karl dustup was very telling that he does not have what it takes.

Vlade has done a masterful job.. The Kings, who were projected to win 27-29 games, finished better than the Lakers who everyone thought would cruise to 50 wins.... That team was playing .500 ball pre asb with a rotation full of rookie contracts that cost like 40 mil combined, while the teams they were beating had players making 40 mil and all 90+ mil rotations..They kicked the crap out of Oklahoma city in their home opener, it was evident they were better than projections immediately this season tbh..... It's true, Zach Randolph was their highest paid player and didn't log a minute. Shumpert was their 2nd highest paid.. and they were playing .500 ball in the western conference..........

12-win uptick is nothing to sneeze at, especially when u consider its all 20-26 years olds..... 2nd year PG running the show...

Look at the trades he's made;

The Cousins trade was HIGHWAY ROBBERY in the Kings favor Buddy Hield has made more 3pointers in his first 3 seasons than.... ANYONE.... u realize that??

Ask any Pelicans fan about what a moron Vlade is.

He also traded Zach collins for Harry Giles and Justin Jackson, and then Jackson was then flipped very cheaply for Harrison BArnes.

He has maintained incredible flexibiltiy there. Look at their contracts situation.

The Fox pick alone is a huge win for him. The rumor out today or yesterday is that Magic actually wanted Fox over Lonzo but was overruled...

Joerger knows how to coach basketball. I think he has 3 championships from 3 different minor leagues, had the Griz in the playoffs and got the respect of Pop for their turnaround this year.

My bold prediction is that Portland stupidly will fire Stotts in the offseason after another 1st round exit and the Kings will steal him and get to the playoffs next year.

Joerger literally lost his job cuz of the game last night

This is candidly false. Doesn't even make sense, the Kings scored like 90 points in the first half and then called off the dogs in a meaningless game..

Joerger was supposed to be like;

while they were up 30?

and then because he didnt do that, he was canned? c'mon now.. u can't really believe that..

He lost his job because he didn't believe in the young talent the Kings have, if you listened to the presser that was pretty clear....

When Joerger earlier this season compared Fox and Marvin to Westbrook and KD it was a back-handed barb at upper management, he wanted Luka.

How can you say Vlade has done a masterful job? They were in 3rd place last year to begin the season under Mike Malone. And then he got fired mid season when they went on a 0 - 9 skid. Now... ignore the fact that Bogie was out who was at the time their only decent player.

Then Vlade pissed of DL with his shenanigans in the Hood trade by rescinding what he had offered last second to up the total after the deal was already struck. DL was PEEEEEYASSSSssssT (that's pride for pissed).

The Kings have one of the bottom 6 teams in the league 12 of the last 12 years.

Vlade for President! Vlade, he make masterful Jorb. Long long time. Good time.

Canning the griz coach was the best thing to happen to that Franchise. Word is that the legend C.J. Miles just opted into his contract.