What's new

Korver's goodbye to Jazz fans

Korver is obviously known as a shooter, but I liked his all around game just the same. It would always surprise me when he would come up with a block shot, and (besides defense) the rest of his game is surprising. He will be missed, good luck in Chicago Kyle.

I wish the best for Korver and Matthews, it is sad to see them go, but as for Boozer I just hope that you aren't "hurt sitting out" for the Jazz game in SLC.

Boozer didn't get a 6th year. The TPE was a courtesy extended to KOC from Paxson. It cost Utah a 2nd-rounder, which I guess has to be included for a trade to be considered valid (pick, player or draft rights to a player). But listen to the interview. KOC makes it very clear Paxson didn't have to do it. And that KOC would return a favor down the road if a similar chance arose. It's a gentleman's game for the GM's. Boozer had absolutely NOTHING to do with getting us the TPE.

Link? (If you can't provide a link how can you assure me that Boozer didn't ask to be acquired via a S&T so that his former team could have something to build off of? You've listed one of the only scenarios that involves giving Boozer zero class. I agree, the GMs have a gentleman's game component here, but...)

(btw: if you actually read my previous post you'll see that I am aware and acknowledge that he didn't get a 6th year. That is a crucial element of my little thought experiment)

Think about the rather small list of ways the Jazz could have ended up with a $13M TPE on a sign-and-trade for Boozer WITHOUT a sixth year on that contract. Have you made your list of ways? Okay, now make sure you realize that Boozer ABSOLUTELY had something to do with that. The best bloody goodbye present this organization could have received.

But KOC said he had to beg for the TPE.........

Well, for what it's worth, whatever KOC and Paxson agreed to, Boozer had to sign a contract with the Jazz. To that extent, at least, he had to be "involved" and co-operate.

Nice! Very classy for Korver to do this.
Thanks KK for that and for all the things you brought to Jazz.

It's gonna be pretty funny to see Korver and Brewer be welcomed back by the crowd as the feisty Mormons feast on Carlos' pimple covered flesh.

Good Luck Kyle with the rest of your career, always welcome back here anytime.
Classy guy, pity more aren't like him

Man, I hate to see Kyle go. I'll miss that sweeeeeeeet shot, along with all he did for the community. Kyle is a true role model... a rare commodity in the sports world these days. Thanks to Kyle (and Klay) for all they've done in Utah.

On a side note, the 'Seer' shirts are pretty cool... I have several, and the money raised has gone directly to help families in Utah.

Korver won't get booed. Brewer and Matthews won't either. Boozer will probably get a fair amount of boo's, but he might interpret them as positive boo's instead of negative.

Man, watching him shoot during warmups and his pregame reps with Horny was a thing of beauty. I would kill small children for that stroke. I wish him well on the Chicago Jazz.

I agree 100%. Any game I went to I always got there early enough to watch Korver's shooting drills. He put on a shooting clinic. Then C.J. would go through his shooting drills half assed and it really pissed me off. Most of the time I enjoyed watching Korver shoot before the game than the actual game itself.

I agree 100%. Any game I went to I always got there early enough to watch Korver's shooting drills. He put on a shooting clinic. Then C.J. would go through his shooting drills half assed and it really pissed me off. Most of the time I enjoyed watching Korver shoot before the game than the actual game itself.

I agree watching him before games was always entertaining. Though it always made it more painful to watch him shoot 40% from 3 in the game after shooting 90% in warm ups. (not that 40% is bad by any means)