What's new

Kris Dunn reportadly to the Clippers

Maybe Dunn didn’t want to come back, but wouldn’t we rather pay him that money to actually play for us as opposed to using it to just cut Westbrook again?
No, the Jazz don't want Dunn back and I doubt he wants to be back all that much if the plan is to play young and get losses.

I think holding onto him was the Jazz playing both sides. If they were able to successfully pull off value buys that built a strong team, they bring him back. If they cant they let him walk or facilitate a s&T for second rounder(s).

Yes and its a cumulative cap. Team can only send up to 7M in all their trades combined. Dont think there is a cap in how much you can receive.
I think the same cap exists for how much you can receive as well.

My guess would be a second and some cash considerations. Good news is as DL taught us when we sold infinity second round picks that “the cash is reinvested in the program”. Owners don’t just bank that money (sarcasm font)

My guess would be a second and some cash considerations. Good news is as DL taught us when we sold infinity second round picks that “the cash is reinvested in the program”. Owners don’t just bank that money (sarcasm font)
It also cuts into the amount you can use in buyouts for international players.

So, if the Jazz want to buyout Procida, that comes out of the amount they can pay towards other teams.

Don't be daft. Those funds were set aside and included in Ainge's recruitment package.

Then why is no one trading for Westbrook?
I'm referring to D Rose and the first time we acquired Brodie. I'm surprised a guy like Ryan Smith didn't want to give him a stint with the team due to the media hype and attention it would draw with the fans, but it seems history repeats itself with the Jazz tending to cut marquee players that are in the twilight of their career.

So basically there needs to be a 2nd team so Denver feels the need to deal a 2nd rounder to get Russ in a trade?
Its cheaper for them to get russ on waivers. But a separate team may just want to absorb his salary. He may or may not want to go there though. I'm not sure what other dominos are out there (maybe he goes to GS in the Lauri deal?) but I think this is the main thing holding up the Dunn domino.

Back