What's new

Kyrie to Utah?

Not such restriction exists (almost positive). Rubio was acquired via trade, he wasn't a newly signed free agent.
Oh, my mistake. That's what I get for reading it from another source.
That would be pretty cold, though. Rubio was a great soldier, flying in from Spain for the Hayward pitch. Then he gets traded? I just dont see that happening. If a trade with Utah occurs, it's going to be for Love.

Reactions: 8
Oh, my mistake. That's what I get for reading it from another source.
That would be pretty cold, though. Rubio was a great soldier, flying in from Spain for the Hayward pitch. Then he gets traded? I just dont see that happening. If a trade with Utah occurs, it's going to be for Love.
Ya that would be cold. I would be feel bad for the jazz doing that to him.

On the other hand rubio would probably get to go to the finals next year, play with the best player on the planet, and have a better chance at being an all star.

Still kinda messed up since after next year the cavs would probably suck but it would be a bit of a silver lining for him I guess.

Ya that would be cold. I would be feel bad for the jazz doing that to him.

On the other hand rubio would probably get to go to the finals next year, play with the best player on the planet, and have a better chance at being an all star.

Still kinda messed up since after next year the cavs would probably suck but it would be a bit of a silver lining for him I guess.

I believe Rubio is in the Jazz lab being formed into young Jason Kidd with old Jason Kidd's shooting.

Honestly I just hate iso guys so much that I think I'd rather watch our team with Rubio than our team minus the assets it cost to get Kyrie.

We have a good vibe and I say we roll this crew out and see what happens.

Reactions: 8
I kinda wanna see this Rubio/Rodney Hood lineup, y'all. I want Hood to just bury other ****ing teams with threes after Rudy rolls to the rim.

I ****ing love the idea of a Rubio/Dante/Hood/Mitchell backcourt. L o v e. Will always be fun to watch.

I kinda wanna see this Rubio/Rodney Hood lineup, y'all. I want Hood to just bury other ****ing teams with threes after Rudy rolls to the rim.

I ****ing love the idea of a Rubio/Dante/Hood/Mitchell backcourt. L o v e. Will always be fun to watch.

I agree. I want to see this mix out there on a post-GH Jazz squad.

In particular, I want to see Hood step into the starting line-up as a primary scorer and see what he becomes. I think trading him immediately after GH leaves could be a serious missed opportunity.

You're crazy if u think that will get Kyrie to Utah. There's no way cle doesn't at least ask for one of Hood Gobert or Mitchell. No way!!

In a normal situation I think you are correct. In this situation I am not so sure. The way this has been managed by Kyrie and the timing of this given a number of other moves that have happened may impact what Cleveland can get. And my guess is they really want to move him so they dont have someone of his caliber hanging around unhappy. Personally I am not sure he is a good fit for the Jazz so I don't have much interest in it happening but I can see the selling price being lower than one might expect.

You're crazy if u think that will get Kyrie to Utah. There's no way cle doesn't at least ask for one of Hood Gobert or Mitchell. No way!!

Exactly. Mitchell and Hood would be the centerpieces, and it would probably take additional draft picks and Favors, Ingles, or Johnson. They have no interest in Rubio.

I'm actually a big Kyrie fan but we won't be willing to part with the assets they would ask for. Zero chance Irving is coming to the Jazz.

Kyrie is a top level offensive talent without question. Kinda don't want someone that needs to be the focal point as much as he thinks he does. He did shoot the most for Cleveland after all. I personally would prefer to just roll with the team as constructed and see what they can do. Would take too much to get Kyrie as well. I think Utah would have to trade Gobert to get him because they just don't have the draft picks to include with a couple of their other almost stars to entice the Cavs. Under no circumstance would I trade Gobert or Mitchell.

I don't want to give up Exum, Mitchell or Gobert for anybody. Hood and Rubio only for the right deal.

We arent getting Kyrie, but I was saying what I would propose.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

But kyrie doesn't play defense and he sucks. Shouldn't take much to get a player like that.

Lifetime Jazz fan here...I lived in Utah for the majority of my life but due to work I moved to Cleveland, OH back in 2014 (a month before Lebron came back). Whenever I have moved to a new place, I always adopt the home teams...it helps to transition.

It has been fun following the Cavs and the championship runs but whenever they played the Jazz I would throw on my Jazz gear.

I share this because I think the Jazz have a great opportunity to improve the team offensively. I am a meat-and-potatoes basketball guy and I prefer a system to isolation play, but watching the Jazz play the Bulls I could not deny that having a superstar is key to breaking through the championship ceiling. Plus we need an edge against the Warriors with Gordon in Boston.

By the time his career is over, Kyrie Irving will go down as one of the greatest scorers ever to play the game. He is a leader even if he isn't known as a facilitator. The Jazz have plenty of great passers on the team...and Kyrie does create for his teammates despite what the assist numbers say. I have watched every game this year...he does not hurt the team with his defense or his scoring, despite what the media/analysts have been saying. He simply gets you a shot when it is needed the most. He gets the team back into games...and he is a magician with the ball.

I am not saying abandon the Jazz makeup...but I think there is a trade here that can help both the Cavs and the Jazz in meaningful ways.

Rubio, Hood (or Mitchell, but preferably not) & Derrick Favors (and possibly a pick) for Kyrie Irving and Iman Shumpert. Shumpert is a great defender and can shoot the 3 reliably and has been rumored in various deals throughout the offseason. Losing Favors hurts some but the NBA landscape leans more on outside shooting than a classic PF (as we saw last year).

Kyrie and Shumpert would be major additions to Jazz's legitamacy in the difficult Western Conference...

Anyway, I haven't posted in a long time but thought I would share my two cents from what could be a unique perspective on this Cavs situation.

Jazz people, do whatever you can to get Irving. It is a simple move that will make us the second best team in the league.
Hood needs extension no matter what next year, and honestly i dont see a great 2-3 duo between Mitchell and Hood. Hood is good for 2 but not physical enough for 3. Mitchell is good for 2 but too undersized to defend likes of Durant, Kawhi... (please dont say he did Tatum)

So best bet is to use this opportunity, give Hood, Favors, Johnson, or even Exum. Throw a pick and get Irving + Shumpert. We dont really have a superstar, a defensive superstar isnt enough to contend. We need Irving as badly as you can imagine.

This is an opportunity that would come once in 10 years to small market teams like us. Just use it!