What's new

Lakers Target Rose - Conley to Detroit?

would you do Conley for Griffin?

griffin essentially has 1 more year left on his contract at like $38 million. Saves the pistons a ton of money not to mention Griffins injury history? What about work a sign and trade for woods and include Gobert for Woods and maybe a draft pick or something?

Just thinking out loud

Geez. How big of a disaster was that Conley trade? Jazz had Donny on his rookie contract and Gobert in his prime and they managed to waste this golden opportunity. Don't get many of these, folks. Jazz managed to squander it away. Also, I still don't understand why we gave Ingles an extra year for no reason.

Geez. How big of a disaster was that Conley trade? Jazz had Donny on his rookie contract and Gobert in his prime and they managed to waste this golden opportunity. Don't get many of these, folks. Jazz managed to squander it away. Also, I still don't understand why we gave Ingles an extra year for no reason.
Its not great. I really wish we would have at least kept one of the 1sts we sent. Jrue Holiday is likely to be available this offseason and we might have a viable offer had we at least gotten Mike at a more fair price.

The idea that Mike would help our other guys and he would be more efficient himself was solid. The defensive fit was always going to be challenging. At the time my initial analysis was I get it but I wish we would have paid a little less. Paying 150% of what we should with seemingly little competition is what turns it from a disappointing deal to a mild disaster.

I also think the Lakers or Clippers find a way to get CP3 this offseason. Rose I think ends up going to another team... the Sixers would be my guess.

I mean there was the whole rape thing... guessing that was a bigger deal.
Thought he was found no liable in 2016 which was before we acquired him in the trade+ having a legit chance at signing him from FA last year have we not decided to give up all the money/space to get Conley... And even if he's found guilty, I thought what Karl did was way worse...?

Think the lakers would be interested in Conley if trade talks for CP3 and or DRose fail? I wouldn’t mind getting kuzma in a deal. May be out of our bargaining range though....idk really where Kuzma is valued at in the league right now.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Griffin is similar to the Horford conversation. it's not their ability as players that entice me, but what Detroit/Philly are willing to give up as the "sweeteners". Both Doumbouya and Korkmaz are good rotation pieces that could benefit us for years to come

Thought he was found no liable in 2016 which was before we acquired him in the trade+ having a legit chance at signing him from FA last year have we not decided to give up all the money/space to get Conley... And even if he's found guilty, I thought what Karl did was way worse...?
We didn’t know what Karl did when we drafted him... I don’t care if he was found not liable... I heard/read some of the details of the case and they were not great. Lots of dudes that do ****** things get found not guilty.

Think the lakers would be interested in Conley if trade talks for CP3 and or DRose fail? I wouldn’t mind getting kuzma in a deal. May be out of our bargaining range though....idk really where Kuzma is valued at in the league right now.
Salary match is the problem. Otherwise, the Lakers would’ve traded him already. Hard to get equal talent back at that price.

And Kuzma is kinda a bad fit for us. There’d be more bleeding defense

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

He straight up said he didn’t know what consent was.

There was so much icky stuff in that case... I don’t care how common the stuff is either.
You mean rape? Well it’s so common to Derrick Rose that it hadn’t crossed his mind that rape even exists or that it’s wrong.

But yeah, what a ****ing great player and total inspiration. Good for him that he has great lawyers, and a misogynistic society and court system behind him. St. Kobe had the same.

You mean rape? Well it’s so common to Derrick Rose that it hadn’t crossed his mind that rape even exists or that it’s wrong.

But yeah, what a ****ing great player and total inspiration. Good for him that he has great lawyers, and a misogynistic society and court system behind him. St. Kobe had the same.
The rape obvi but just the plans for him and his boys to all go gang bang one chick. And yeah with how casual the whole thing was to Rose I wonder how much other **** is out there.

So if JC bounces then Mike becomes pretty valuable for us (I'd bring him off the bench). I'd still be looking for what we could get for him, but a Mike deal becomes harder if JC takes off.

I agree with you; the problem is that we won't bring him off the bench. We are determined to start him which means we are determined to struggle on defense regardless of how good Rudy is. If we could let JC walk knowing Conley would lead the 2nd unit, I'm on board. I just don't see our FO letting that happen.

Griffin is similar to the Horford conversation. it's not their ability as players that entice me, but what Detroit/Philly are willing to give up as the "sweeteners". Both Doumbouya and Korkmaz are good rotation pieces that could benefit us for years to come

Excellent post.

If we could trade Conley and Ed Davis ($40 million) for Griffin and Doumbouya ($40 million), I'm interested. Sure we have some financial issues for 21-22, but that's one luxury year of concern. If Griffin comes back playing like he did two seasons ago, we are so much better.