What's new

Larry K

bigmike

Does anyone know if Larry K has pro aspirations?

As a Ute fan, I'd love to see him on the hill as long as possible. He is a hell of a coach. But if he were to get snatched up, I'd love to see him on the sidelines for the Jazz.

He's a mountain guy, played in the NBA, did an admirable job in his stint with Milwaukee, and gets maximum results out of his talent.

Assuming Corbin is gone after this season, I can't imagine that he won't be on the short list. I just don't see us going after a big flashy name. A "Utah guy" seems much more likely.

I wouldn't put it past the Jazz to do anything in regards to the coaching search, but don't they have to be usually a little more accomplished as far as winning in college goes to draw the attention of the NBA? It seems like you have the core guys(K, Izzo, Boheim, etc.) that will always have interest from the NBA or somebody that just got really hot for a couple years(Brand Stevens). There doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground that readily comes to mind.

I wouldn't put it past the Jazz to do anything in regards to the coaching search, but don't they have to be usually a little more accomplished as far as winning in college goes to draw the attention of the NBA? It seems like you have the core guys(K, Izzo, Boheim, etc.) that will always have interest from the NBA or somebody that just got really hot for a couple years(Brand Stevens). There doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground that readily comes to mind.

You're absolutely right. The guys who come to mind (Stevens, Mike Montgomery, Calipari, Pitino, etc.) all had sterling NCAA coaching pedigrees. Krystkowiak's body of work is small, and not super sexy (small programs, coached with no talent).

He just jumps out at me for some other considerations that I mentioned in my OP. You're right, the timing may not be right - he likely won't have proven enough come the 2014 offseason to be considered a serious candidate. If he'd already established the Utes into a quality Pac-12 team, earned a few NCAA bids, etc. (which I think he will have in a few years), it might be a different story.

Nonetheless, I'll be curious to see if he gets a look. I think he should. He can flat out coach - and sometimes collegiate resume isn't always a precursor for pro success. You have to think outside the box a little.

You're absolutely right. The guys who come to mind (Stevens, Mike Montgomery, Calipari, Pitino, etc.) all had sterling NCAA coaching pedigrees. Krystkowiak's body of work is small, and not super sexy (small programs, coached with no talent).

He just jumps out at me for some other considerations that I mentioned in my OP. You're right, the timing may not be right - he likely won't have proven enough come the 2014 offseason to be considered a serious candidate. If he'd already established the Utes into a quality Pac-12 team, earned a few NCAA bids, etc. (which I think he will have in a few years), it might be a different story.

Nonetheless, I'll be curious to see if he gets a look. I think he should. He can flat out coach - and sometimes collegiate resume isn't always a precursor for pro success. You have to think outside the box a little.

He was head coach of the Bucks and did not do well there.

No idea where to start..

so I'm respectfully asking for a multiple choice option. The real kind, not the two-option variety that seems to be slowly permeating our society.

/Godneedstobeinschoolsandfromwhitehousedown

The real kind, not the two-option variety that seems to be slowly permeating our society.

O.K. Here we go

a- Are the Jazz tanking?
b- Are the Jazz trying to win?
c- Somewhere in-between?
d- Just plain confused!
e- Are republicans objective about Obama's presidency?

answer key: n,y,n,n,n