What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

Well if you tell me you can't stand In-n-Out because people say McDonalds is better... then I won't suggest you get a burger.

Well, I don't like pickles on my burgers. I don't really care if anyone else does. But based on our last conversations if you like pickles on your burgers you as the almighty decider of what people enjoy, it must mean I do not enjoy burgers at all.

What is this disagreement going on? Burgers? Lunch suggestions?

Just look that damn graph!!! Insane TS% percentages game after game! And in near continuously steady upward trajectory!

I was told I am not allowed to enjoy things a certain way or for a certain reason. The literal discussion was that if I enjoy basketball because I enjoy if the winning matters I must not enjoy basketball at all.

Weren't we thinking Sexton was the larger (player) acquisition in the trade?

Well, I don't like pickles on my burgers. I don't really care if anyone else does. But based on our last conversations if you like pickles on your burgers you as the almighty decider of what people enjoy, it must mean I do not enjoy burgers at all.
Not really at all man but go on and live your life and do what you want. Not sure why you are trying to rekindle this nonsense.

I think there was a lot of potential to get him at different times....maybe he wouldn't have blossomed the same way, but I think he would have been great next to Mitchell. He's a second action type of guy. Just based on his interviews and past (Boylen victim) I think what he needed most was the confidence.
I dont even think it was confidence. I think he has always had that.. and that has helped him overcome Boylen etc.

My theory is that he was just too quiet and humble of a personality type. He lacked the swagger and blended into the crowd of mediocrity.

Weren't we thinking Sexton was the larger (player) acquisition in the trade?
I doubt there was consensus one way or another. I wasn't sure what to think of Lauri and may have trended that way but can't recall.

Not really at all man but go on and live your life and do what you want. Not sure why you are trying to rekindle this nonsense.

I'm really trying to decide on what I want for lunch. You decided whether or not I enjoy basketball, so I thought you might also decide what I might enjoy for lunch. But if you got no recommendations I guess I'll just have to decide for myself what kind of food I enjoy.

I dont even think it was confidence. I think he has always had that.. and that has helped him overcome Boylen etc.

My theory is that he was just too quiet and humble of a personality type. He lacked the swagger and blended into the crowd of mediocrity.

He's pretty open about Boylen ruining his confidence. I also think he was capable of doing more in CLE, but he was sort of resigned to a role as that team was already set in place. He did get a lot better in other aspects of his game in CLE, however.

I think being on a team with no expectations has helped him....but I also think a lot of credit has to go to Hardy and how he's using him. It's a great partnership. If Quin was coaching Lauri on the old team, he could have very well been planted in a corner and not moving off the ball.

I'm really trying to decide on what I want for lunch. You decided whether or not I enjoy basketball, so I thought you might also decide what I might enjoy for lunch. But if you got no recommendations I guess I'll just have to decide for myself what kind of food I enjoy.

If you told us you hate burgers and fries we are going to assume you don’t like In-N-Out or Whataburger or Five Guys.

This LM appreciation thread, it would be nicer to appreciate him without random pillow boxing on burger taste and other likings, you know.

With all respect.

Whatever you pick I know you will whine dramatically about how ****** it is... then go back for a second order.

If you told us you hate burgers and fries we are going to assume you don’t like In-N-Out or Whataburger or Five Guys.
How dare you insinuate that you know what anyone likes or doesn't based on the things they state they hate!!!

That's fair, but not at all what happened.

What if I told you that I like basketball, but enjoy when the games are important more than when the result of the game is unimportant. To me, the competition aspect is a big reason why I like basketball. Would you tell me I don't enjoy basketball? That is exactly the dumb conversation that was had lol.

How dare you insinuate that you know what anyone likes or doesn't based on the things they state they hate!!!

Of course, because if someone says they don't like a burger because there's pickles on it, it's because they hate burgers as a whole and not because they hate the pickles.

Since we're continuing with burgers and basketball, could someone give a cliff notes version for those of us who aren't going to bother looking it up?