What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

Have U seen Lauri through m2f filter... From his Bulls time. The others are Coby White and Tomas Satoransky in the left, Lavine in the middle and Wendell Carter in the bottom right.

1685412261235.png

This stuff just doesn't impress me anymore ever since I saw enes kanter doing stuff like this.
For all of his failings, Enes Kanter was still a physical freak of nature. Wish he would have panned out, because I really liked the kid, but there was way too much of a logjam at center with Gobert, Kanter and Favors all on the roster.

For all of his failings, Enes Kanter was still a physical freak of nature. Wish he would have panned out, because I really liked the kid, but there was way too much of a logjam at center with Gobert, Kanter and Favors all on the roster.
Kanter with even passable defense is probably an all-star. Instead, he was like an all-time worst defender for his position.

Kanter with even passable defense is probably an all-star. Instead, he was like an all-time worst defender for his position.
Exactly. But, the way he transformed his body during the first few years in the NBA was impressive. Bull Kanter was a standard that’s hard to live up to.

I dont think people thought of him as a "leaper" or an above the rim player. Yet he could dunk from the free throw line. Its just not that impressive anymore

Two interesting stat nuggets I ran into.

Apparently last season Lauri became only the 2nd player since the 90's to average over 25 points on less than 27% usage.

Also another related stat is he became the 3rd player in NBA history to average over 25 points with less than 2 turnovers per game.

Cannot confirm either. Dont know who the other low usage 25 point scorer is but the other two with 25+ points and less than 2 turnovers are Dirk (4 times) and Kiki Wandeweghe (once).

The Jazz could sign him to be the third center. He's available.

Pass on kanter. He may miss the mountains but I don’t miss him, his comments, or his play.

The Jazz could sign him to be the third center. He's available.
Nah. That ship has sailed. Like I mentioned in the FA thread, there’s a trade with Indiana that is just begging to be made.

Jazz get Daniel Theis (with his $9.1 million salary fitting nicely into the Jazz’s $9.6 million trade exception) and the Pacers get some sort of 2nd round pick swap deal down the line.

Theis was injured last year and fell out of the Pacers rotation after he had surgery to fix his knee issue. Despite that, he’s locker room leader and a solid glue guy for what the Jazz would need him for. He’s a solid 3rd big, at a reasonable cost, that has a history with both Danny Ainge and Will Hardy. Also, he’s essentially an expiring contract because the last year of his deal is a team option.

"
BASKETBALL STAR Lauri Markkanen has received a surprising honor. He has been chosen as the caricature of the year.

A caricature is a person who is a good subject for cartoons or caricatures.

"For the caricature, a Finnish person who has been heavily featured in the media is chosen, who is interesting to draw in terms of personality and external essence," says Grafia in the press release."

"Markkanen later gets to choose one of the caricatures made of him. The works are on display at Skarppie's annual exhibition at Taidekeskus Taarasti in Nastola."

1688630468256.png

1688630502751.png

1688630517888.png

"
BASKETBALL STAR Lauri Markkanen has received a surprising honor. He has been chosen as the caricature of the year.

"For the caricature, a Finnish person who has been heavily featured in the media is chosen, who is interesting to draw in terms of personality and external essence," says Grafia in the press release."
Caricatype of the year, not caricature.

"

"Markkanen later gets to choose one of the caricatures made of him. The works are on display at Skarppie's annual exhibition at Taidekeskus Taarasti in Nastola."

View attachment 14829

View attachment 14830

View attachment 14831
Terrible Lauri drawings

Terrible Lauri drawings
This. Not even as good a caricatures you get at a standard county fair in hicksville America. Where did they find these "artists"? I'm beginning to think this is just a joke.