What's new

Lauri Markkanen Will Miss a Year (Eventually)

Swuul

thats a pretty strong generalization, one could only surmise was slow cooked from bad experiences.
Like I said, that is the practice of the Finnish Army, based on proven facts. Not based on a few bad experiences or other anecdotal stories of three friends of somebody. In fact, same practice is in effect at least with the Israel Army too, and they too have historical need for every able body in the Army, so apparently neither do they rely on anecdotal stories how some violent criminal really is just an ok guy after you *really* got to know him.

Like I said, that is the practice of the Finnish Army, based on proven facts. Not based on a few bad experiences or other anecdotal stories of three friends of somebody. In fact, same practice is in effect at least with the Israel Army too, and they too have historical need for every able body in the Army, so apparently neither do they rely on anecdotal stories how some violent criminal really is just an ok guy after you *really* got to know him.
You are not responding to what I was commenting on here clearly. I was responding to the suggestion that all sociopaths are bad for the Military as you implied. I don't know how anyone could know who is or isn't one however, though unless they are doing things against the grain a lot. Anyway, I agree with the idea that the Finnisher will want to serve in some fashion, but also wants no part of being the tallest target in a fire fight so he will be careful to select his service timeframe. I meant no offense with my opinions.

Swuul

You are not responding to what I was commenting on here clearly.
You are not commenting on what was talked about. The Finnish Army rejects convicted violent criminals, to which somebody did wonder if they didn't make better soldiers, to which was brought up the fact such convicted sociopaths are extremely bad soldiers (and which has been proven over and over again since the Ancient times (Julius Ceaser in his book "The Gallic War" for example brings this fact up)) . That you then extrapolate the discussion to include all people with some social disorder (and pulling some anecdotal stories of some dude who really was a nice fellow after all) has nothing to do with the policy of the Finnish Army rejecting convicted violent criminals.

You are not commenting on what was talked about. The Finnish Army rejects convicted violent criminals, to which somebody did wonder if they didn't make better soldiers, to which was brought up the fact such convicted sociopaths are extremely bad soldiers (and which has been proven over and over again since the Ancient times (Julius Ceaser in his book "The Gallic War" for example brings this fact up)) . That you then extrapolate the discussion to include all people with some social disorder (and pulling some anecdotal stories of some dude who really was a nice fellow after all) has nothing to do with the policy of the Finnish Army rejecting convicted violent criminals.
nice