What's new

Lauri Markkanen's ceiling

2nd or 3rd option in a contender. Never know though... If he becomes more alpha and could start hitting loads of shots from mid-range, rack up assist like last two games, keep pushing to get posters against opponents defenses and be consistent from three-land... He might be even better. But those are big ifs. IMO 2nd/3rd option and few all star matches and championship are OK. But let him show.

His aggression level seems to be pretty good currently. I just don't know if he's a very good 3pt shooter.

Definitely think he needs to be more ball in hand to have value. As an off ball floor spacer he is just OK.

Last edited:
His aggression level seems to be pretty good currently. I just don't know if he's a very good 3pt shooter.

He is good but not very good. With his volume of threes his 35-36% shooting is ok. He had a good spring with Cavs where he shot in fourties with high volume. The issue has been his 3pts shooting hasn't been consistent. I wish the bigger role and more touches in the games will lead towards that. He shouldn't get cold in games like it was sometimes with Bulls even after a good 1st half.

He has always been an elite shooter outside the NBA. I'm not sure why he isn't a better in the NBA. Maybe it's a little too far for him or the pressure. But if that ever changes and he starts hitting 3s at 40% or more on decent volume he will be scary.

He has always been an elite shooter outside the NBA. I'm not sure why he isn't a better in the NBA. Maybe it's a little too far for him or the pressure. But if that ever changes and he starts hitting 3s at 40% or more on decent volume he will be scary.
I would say like 38% on high volume (6+ attempts) would be impressive. Over 40% would be silly

His ceiling probably has a mirror on it so he can get all the groupie angles as he performs the Finish finisher.

His range is great. No issues with that. He was even in college a bit inconsistent. IMO he has to find that mental killer switch to become the more consistent volume shooter. He has the best chance of his life this season.