What's new

League Pass 5 - Your Picks

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
I'm not sure how many people buy League Pass here, but they have a deal where you pick 5 teams each year for a cheaper rate than having the entire NBA. I just wanted to see who y'alls 4 other teams are and why (assuming we are all picking Utah).

As of now, I think I would go:

Rockets (Harden is cool to watch, will be interesting to see how Dwight does there)
Nets (Still like Dwill, can that much talent co-exist and will their father time **** on them?)
Warriors (I want to keep up with their record for pick reasons, plus Warriors are admittedly a fun team to watch)
Indiana (Can they capitalize on a great post-season, need another Eastern conference team to get balance)

I'm pretty set on the Jazz-Rockets-Nets-Warriors, but have a toss up on the final team. I would pick the Pelicans or Grizzlies, but they are both in my blackout region.

How much do you save?

I had league pass when I was out of state for college. Best part about it (besides watching the Jazz obvi) was being able to watch the ends of all the close games each night. I never really watch whole games of other teams, just the ends of close games.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

Jazz- my fav
thunder- durrant makes it look easy
pacers- i always have said id be a pacers fan if i wasnt a jazz fan
bulls- want to see if rose is really worth the hype love there D style
nets- still a dwill fan at heart

How much do you save?

I had league pass when I was out of state for college. Best part about it (besides watching the Jazz obvi) was being able to watch the ends of all the close games each night. I never really watch whole games of other teams, just the ends of close games.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

I don't remember, maybe like 30-50 dollars?

It really isn't that much, but I don't feel the need to pay any extra cash just to have the ability to watch games I will never watch.

Good to know - thanks.

I already get The Knicks and Nets.

All my teams would be Western Conference Teams - probably OKC, LA Clippers, Golden State & San Antonio

I am not doing league pass but if I did and I had to choose 5 teams they would be:

Jazz
Grizzlies
Pacers
Hornets
Suns

No way in hell I choose Lakers, Warriors, Rockets, Nuggets or any non Pacers eastern team.

Anybody know if there is any way to bypass the blackout problem? I'm in Utah and cable is not worth the price IMO. I would however willingly shell out money for the NBA League Pass if I could actually watch the Jazz.

Or is it another season of watching firstrowsports for me?

Me too.

Last year I think I watched a total of 3 non-Jazz games on league pass.

Really? I watched quite a few GSW games down the stretch just to see if they can lose a couple more games. Saw a lot of Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry carrying that team to quite a few wins (which is why I'm not as upbeat about them next season). I think they'll barely make the playoffs next year or could potentially miss it all together if Curry goes down for significant amount of time.

My teams to watch would be:

Jazz (obvious reason)
GSW (I'd love nothing more than to watch them lose games because they've let Jack & Landry go, bad move)
Cavs (I really think they want to make the playoffs this year, Irvin & Bennett would be a fun pair to watch)
HOU (Would be interested in following the Dwight & Harden pair throughout next season)
Nets (Prokorov is going for broke - potentially Pierce & Garnett last dance).

Wild cards - 76ers (young team), Pelicans (watching them trying to make the playoffs cos I think they really shooting for it), POR (Lillard & McCollum is a fun pair), OKC (following Steven Adams), Boston (exciting young team with Rondo running the show), Hawks (I'll be following Schroeder whenever he gets to start).

If $30 is all I'm saving, I think I'd get the complete package. I don't watch the whole game of other teams, but like UGLI said, it's fun to at least watch the last 5 min. of each game.

no one can out tank (the tank).

Their best player is...... uh...... ermm........... Evan Turner?

Their bench is even worse than Utah's and their starting lineup's next best players are Thaddeus Young and Spencer Hawes.

Ewwww

Their only advantage on us, from a winning standpoint, is that they play in the East so they have about 10 more easy games than us.

76'ers is a wild card for you? You want to watch someone out-tank us?

Actually I want to follow all the teams that we'll be out tanking - cheering them to a win of course nearing the end of the season.

As for the 76ers, why not? I wanna see how MCW's game is going to translate to the NBA, he has quite a unique skill set, can he play the PG effectively with his frame? Also don't forget Nerlens Noel.. he should be ready with about 20-30 games left in the season.

I guess it also depends on how much free time you have to watch non-Jazz games... if you don't got the time, it might not be worth it.

I am not doing league pass but if I did and I had to choose 5 teams they would be:

Jazz
Grizzlies
Pacers
Hornets
Suns

No way in hell I choose Lakers, Warriors, Rockets, Nuggets or any non Pacers eastern team.

I do not know a franchise called the Hornets....

I'd pick
Chicago(My eastern conference crush. Loved them in the '90s, was called a band wagoner, guess what I never left through rebuild and retool)
Dallas(My former fav Western team. But I still love Dirk)
Either Houston or SanAntonio(Houston in the spotlight and big fan of Tim, Tony and Pop)
Another East coast team to allow timezone friendly broadcasts while crying myself to sleep. Haven't decided which one yet. Maybe the Wizards or the Hawks. Maybe Detroit or Indiana instead, but their games don't start at 6 EST.

I remember doing this exact same thread last year. Not sure on my teams yet.

Jazz
Nets

Yeah other than that not sure. Well decide when the season gets closer