What's new

Lets Have the Lowest Possible salaries next year.

The jazz have an opportunity to extend Favors and Hayward this summer before oct. 31... So they wouldn't be improving thier value much over the summer.. Also here are the new rules for extending rookie contracts...

So they can't extend them after Oct. 31? They kept talking about extending Harden before the deadline, but then other players could extend after that. Is this a rookie contract only thing or what?

Also, what I meant about the 5 year deal is they can get a full 5 years after the season, where an extension would only be 4 additional.

So they can't extend them after Oct. 31? They kept talking about extending Harden before the deadline, but then other players could extend after that. Is this a rookie contract only thing or what?

Also, what I meant about the 5 year deal is they can get a full 5 years after the season, where an extension would only be 4 additional.

OKC had to trade Harden before oct 31st Cuz he wouldn't extend at their price!! So by trading him before the 31st Houston could extend him and guarantee he'd be locked up for 5seasons...

Rookie scale contracts extensions From the day following the July moratorium to the October 31 preceding the player's last option season2

It is advantageous for favors and Hayward to sign an extension before oct 31st incase they get injured next year...

Why yes an extension is only four years, the jazz can offer one of them a five year extension..

Teams can also select one player (called their "Designated Player") who can receive a five-year extension, bringing the total contract length to six seasons. A team can have at most one player on its roster whom they have designated for a longer extension, plus at most one player designated by another team whom they acquired in trade.
https://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q58

Last edited:
It'll never happen.
The FO will resign virtually everyone.
Either Watson or Tinsley will walk to make room for rookie pg. Either Al or Paul will walk making room for rookie big. Foye will be back to keep us arguing how good Burks "might be with time".
We will look far too similar to last year...

I really hope that you're wrong.