What's new

Let's Trade for a 3 point shooter.

Forget scoring, where's Millsap's rebounding gone?

Edit: And to pre-emptively answer the question of "since when was 8.5 RPG bad?": Since playing 36 MPG and it was the primary reason he is even in the league. He's 58th in rebounds per 48 minutes at 11.1, and 33rd in rebound rate (I'm honestly not sure what the difference is, but neither show that he's anything more than an average rebounder).

Heard that scare tactic before -- but only since Wes started playing well this season -- and it's not really credible at all.

Really? Why do you think we did not match? Perhaps because we knew we were going after Jefferson. I believe the other guy we had our sights on was David Lee.

Really? Why do you think we did not match? Perhaps because we knew we were going after Jefferson. I believe the other guy we had our sights on was David Lee.

I actually agree but was just saying it was such a great fit. Ask me who I want on the Jazz team more, Jefferson or Matthews, I would say Jefferson 100 times out of 100 given our roster situation at that time.

Mayo will be great in our system but he plays no defense at all so it might keep him on the bench.

At the same time, I am wondering why they FO won't give Devin Brown a call. Someone who has been on the team and decent shooter/scorer.

Yeah, we should trade for a 3-point shooter. Right. We only shot 10-16 from the 3-point line tonight. That's a terrible percentage. Especially without Raja Bell and Mehmet Okur. And we all know that neither of them can shoot 3-pointers. If you can't sense my incredible sarcasm, please just go stick your head in a water trough or something.

I was a big promoter of going after Morrow, he would of been great with Utah if he could of put forth enough defensive effort to see the court. If he would could somehow get OJ Mayo, that would be a no brainer though. He is young and has potential.

remember when we had the best 3 point shooter in nba history a few months ago but then we let him go because, um,

now hurry, someone post one of the two pics of kyle korver trying his best to not let someone draw a foul and call it "embarrassing defense" because it looks like he's cowering, hahaha he looks so silly!!

At the same time, I am wondering why they FO won't give Devin Brown a call. Someone who has been on the team and decent shooter/scorer.

I liked DB's game prior to Utah signing him, but he sucked in a Jazz uni. He's much older now and isn't likely to improve on that 40% career fg or 33% career 3pt.

I'd like to see the Jazz pry Jason Richardson from the Phoenix Suns. He's the most underrated small forward because of the Kobe/Wade shadow. The guy is dead eye if set up, can handle the ball and drive, and is great on the break. We'd have to trade something of value for him. Millsap is the only guy I'd expect Suns to ask for, and he might not be enough.

I'd like to see the Jazz pry Jason Richardson from the Phoenix Suns. He's the most underrated small forward because of the Kobe/Wade shadow. The guy is dead eye if set up, can handle the ball and drive, and is great on the break. We'd have to trade something of value for him. Millsap is the only guy I'd expect Suns to ask for, and he might not be enough.

We'd be deadly with JRich, but the cost of getting him + the cost of keeping him around makes this a deal breaker. Isn't he making, like, 18.5Mill next season? ouch.

14.4 unofficially, and that's the last year. 14.4 is consistent with this year's and last year's numbers reported by ESPN, etc. (12.2 in 08-09, 13.3 in 09-10). That's plenty expensive, but I think he could be the missing championship piece.

....3 point shooters who can actually shoot....play decent defense....and fit in with our system, probably don't even exist! I doubt the Jazz do anything this year....not with our success so far and Memo on the mend. Jazz will probably wait until after the year long lockout...when players salaries will be about 1/2 what they are now....before they make a move.

.397 on 3s for DeShawn in the playoffs.

Any coach would be thrilled with that.

Good enough for a championship.

Last edited: