What's new

LHM group buying 1280 the zone (ending lease with 1320)

Gunther has only himself to blame. He has the football knowledge to have a job on the radio but he blew it by trying to be a standup comedian, straying off topic way too much, insulting listeners, and being a sexist and misogynistic pig.

If anyone sees him on the street or the unemployment line tell him that I'll give him a job selling "Real Fans Stand" T-shirts and I'll pay him a commission.

I agree completely. You can't tell me that the new 1280 is over the top excited to have Jake Scott 5 hours a day. There is a spot there for Gunther, but he screwed himself in pandering to Jan. The guy was awful. The real stars shine in adversity. Gunther quit.

I agree completely. You can't tell me that the new 1280 is over the top excited to have Jake Scott 5 hours a day. There is a spot there for Gunther, but he screwed himself in pandering to Jan. The guy was awful. The real stars shine in adversity. Gunther quit.

Jake Scott is good, but I'm not sure I want 5 straight hours of him. I'd be willing to bet that they replace his spot in the 10-1 show with Riley Jensen by the time college football season rolls around. That would be some great radio.

I'd rather have Tate. I am so sick of these over-the-top BYU homers. The good news is, they are getting egg on their face so often, they are starting to wake up and stare reality in the face. 10 wins sucks when you play three teams with any talent and lose all three. You aren't that good.

I'd rather have Tate. I am so sick of these over-the-top BYU homers. The good news is, they are getting egg on their face so often, they are starting to wake up and stare reality in the face. 10 wins sucks when you play three teams with any talent and lose all three. You aren't that good.

Tate would be great as well, I have been begging 1320 (And now 1280) to get a midday show of Tate and Jensen for a while now. I only said Jensen because I know that he wants to do it and he'd take the job if he could, I can't say the same thing about Tate.

Tony Parks & Jake Scott weren't bad. Jake Scott Girrard struggled. I hate having to flip stations from FM to AM

The only show that I am afraid of is Monson and Spence. Monson has been phoning it in for the last few years, hopefully being paired up with the best radio personality in the state will help him step his game up.

Only thing that bothers me about this is that now when PK is being annoying and I can't listen to his crap anymore. There is no other option. I hated Hans but sometimes he was less annoying than PK. I like Monson and will give him and Spence a little time. I like DJ and wish they put him with somebody else. I don't get to listen much from 8-2 and did not listen till after 5 today, so will have to wait and see about those shows.

Day one is complete, and it wasn't bad.

I was able to listen to it all the way from salt lake to ogden, and then over to tooele (bus driver) and had at least a legible signal 95% of the time which 1320 couldn't have dreamed of.

DJ and PK were themselves.
I'm not sure Jake and Tony are going to mesh well, but I have always liked Jake, so I hope they do (Jake was the only personality o 1280 that I liked before change)
Jake and Gerrard seemed to mesh better, and since I like Jake, I don't mind five hours of him
Suprisingly, I thought Spence and Gordon meshed well, Gordon being the consistent steady one and Spence being the riddilen deprived live wire that he is, they kind of counter balance each other. I think I'll be able to listen to the show, though I haven't been a Gordon Monson fan for quite some time.

Anyway, the shows were decent and the improved signal is a blessing. A few notes: Gordon Monson mentioned that he has it written in his contract that the owners (Jazz) will in no way censor his program. That means that in principle Monson will still be the independent voice even while being on a team owned station. We will have to see whether that happens. Also, there was no -best of the big show- starting at six, it goes straight to the outdoors show. I will miss that hour segment, sometimes I miss really cool stuff.

Day one is complete, and it wasn't bad.

I was able to listen to it all the way from salt lake to ogden, and then over to tooele (bus driver) and had at least a legible signal 95% of the time which 1320 couldn't have dreamed of.

DJ and PK were themselves.
I'm not sure Jake and Tony are going to mesh well, but I have always liked Jake, so I hope they do (Jake was the only personality o 1280 that I liked before change)
Jake and Gerrard seemed to mesh better, and since I like Jake, I don't mind five hours of him
Suprisingly, I thought Spence and Gordon meshed well, Gordon being the consistent steady one and Spence being the riddilen deprived live wire that he is, they kind of counter balance each other. I think I'll be able to listen to the show, though I haven't been a Gordon Monson fan for quite some time.

Anyway, the shows were decent and the improved signal is a blessing. A few notes: Gordon Monson mentioned that he has it written in his contract that the owners (Jazz) will in no way censor his program. That means that in principle Monson will still be the independent voice even while being on a team owned station. We will have to see whether that happens. Also, there was no -best of the big show- starting at six, it goes straight to the outdoors show. I will miss that hour segment, sometimes I miss really cool stuff.

Great breakdown and I agree with all of it. I couldn't hear Jake and Parks, though, because I listen online and their FM stream wasn't working yet.

The next thing we need to hope for are the few idiotic fans of Jan and Gunther that spam everything that 1280 posts on Facebook. Your immature "***** and poop joke" hosts are gone, deal with it and let us get back to talking sports.