What's new

Looking at next year..

Which would you prefer next year?

• The C4 surprise everyone and lead us to the playoffs

Votes: 29 67.4%
  • We struggle but get a top 10 pick in the 2014 draft

Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters
Let's assume Al, Millsap, and Mo all leave, we are able to trade up in the draft and get a pg, and give our C4 heavy minutes next year. Would you guys rather see our guys succeed and surprise everyone by taking a huge step forward and making the playoffs? Or struggle and get a top 10 pick in the 2014 draft to add a potential star player? What's best for the future of this team?

Why a surprise? The C4 plus Carroll are better than the current starting five.

Hope this happens:

Calderon / McCollum / Foye
Burks / Caldwell-Pope / Foye
Hayward / Carroll / Delfino / Murphy
Kanter / Carl Landry / Evans
Favors / Ronny Turiaf / Mohammadou Jaiteh

4th - 6th seed in the West with a good coach. What about SVG? I'd even be more than okey with bringing back J. Sloan.
This should be a Playoff team. I at least expect an 8th seed.

Remember how strong the West was this year?

Ok, now imagine that, but add in a healthy T-Wolves teams, a more experienced Blazer's team, and a possibly resurgent Mav's team.

I ****ing hate how ****ty the East is.

Why would you want another high draft pick and have to wait another 2 to 4 years to see how they work out? People seem to always look at the draft as a magic bullet, where we are going to nab Magic-Larry-and-Michael in one fell swoop and go on to glory, while the actuallity is that most drafts for the Jazz are a big bust. Plus, we already have 4 high draft picks and likely won't be able to keep all 4 anyway.

Barely miss the playoffs 9th or 10th in the west. Portland and Minnesota could be pass us if we have crappy coaching

Let's assume Al, Millsap, and Mo all leave, we are able to trade up in the draft and get a pg, and give our C4 heavy minutes next year. Would you guys rather see our guys succeed and surprise everyone by taking a huge step forward and making the playoffs? Or struggle and get a top 10 pick in the 2014 draft to add a potential star player? What's best for the future of this team?
Trade what? The Jazz only have seven players under contract, Marvin in untradeable, and nobody is interested in Jeremy or Kevin. I suppose we could trade our mid first round picks, but really, that's only going to move us up a couple few spots. Nobody trades with us unless we include a C4 player, and that's just not an option.

Assuming the front office signs a point guard not as ****ty as Mo, and gets a couple decent backups sprinkled through a few positions, I don't see the team finishing significantly next year than they did this year. So that leaves us on the outside looking in when it comes to drafting a potential superstar.

In order to get a top five pick next year, we are going to have to trade one of our Core 4, and more likely one of the three of Kanter, Hayward or Favors. At this point, only Jazz fans are valuing Burks properly. Considering that we have to sign them all to enormous contracts in the next few years, trading one of them for a top five pick might not be the worst thing in the world. That way, we only have to pay a couple guys big money at a time, and we *might* get a superstar on a rookie contract.

I would hate to part with any of those guys though. But to get the next LeBron? I wouldn't even hesitate for a second.

Then the Jazz have a bazillion dollars in cap room and I'm happy as they either go shopping or miss the playoffs, have a good draft pick in a loaded draft, and $8mm less owed to Marvin. The Core 3 isn't doing any better next season than young Portland did this season. Jazz need a young veteran star or to hit draft lightning.

Also, if Burks + 14 + 21 gets you Trey Burke then you probably do it with a big bet on Burke becoming who many think he will (Lilliard).

Why would you want another high draft pick and have to wait another 2 to 4 years to see how they work out? People seem to always look at the draft as a magic bullet, where we are going to nab Magic-Larry-and-Michael in one fell swoop and go on to glory, while the actuallity is that most drafts for the Jazz are a big bust. Plus, we already have 4 high draft picks and likely won't be able to keep all 4 anyway.

From what im hearing about next years draft, we have a better chance to nab magic-larry-Michael type player in next years draft than in any other.

Wiggins=Michael, Jabari=larry, Harrison (I think)= magic

Also, if Burks + 14 + 21 gets you Trey Burke then you probably do it with a big bet on Burke becoming who many think he will (Lilliard).

tried to rep for this, but it said I need to spread some around. completely agree on this. no question. The more I look at Burks, the more I think he will be alright as a role player, and less of what everyone thought he would be.

From what im hearing about next years draft, we have a better chance to nab magic-larry-Michael type player in next years draft than in any other.

Wiggins=Michael, Jabari=larry, Harrison (I think)= magic

Thats pretty ambitious. Those three guys you are comparing them to are possibly the best three all time. Maybe a tier down from there? Like Drexler, Pierce and Scottie Pippen?