What's new

Losing Interest

so i work at a place where i see a lot of sports fans. The scariest thing that i see is that kids are no longer jazz fans. i ask them who's their favorite team all the time and what do you think i hear back?

yep you got it. Heat, Thunder, Celtics, and Lakers. it's the worst, i just want to vomit. then i ask what about the jazz? they also say, oh i like them too, but i want a leBum jersey.

I agree. It seems this year more than any other that the NBA is living up to the don't try/hustle mentality. A lot of lazy basketball so far. Can't wait for the playoffs when the teams play hard more often than not.

no playoff big al's weakness will come out.
and favors kanter wont get enough minutes.
so say no to the playoffs.

big al in playofs: omg ooh noos xx team has y plaer they are unbeatable. get ready for sweep

no playoff big al's weakness will come out.
and favors kanter wont get enough minutes.
so say no to the playoffs.

big al in playofs: omg ooh noos xx team has y plaer they are unbeatable. get ready for sweep

Lol I was excluding the Jazz. I meant in general, the teams usually ramp it up and are focused for a higher percentage of the game in the playoffs. This makes it more exciting to watch.

I almost really hope the Jazz don't make the playoffs because as Jefferson proved last year, he will not up the intensity.

Lol I was excluding the Jazz. I meant in general, the teams usually ramp it up and are focused for a higher percentage of the game in the playoffs. This makes it more exciting to watch.

I almost really hope the Jazz don't make the playoffs because as Jefferson proved last year, he will not up the intensity.

yeah man, not like the rest of our team who really took it to those spurs huh?

yeah man, not like the rest of our team who really took it to those spurs huh?

Other people were at least playing with effort. Favors, Carroll, Hayward, Kanter (can't remember if Burks played but if he did I'm sure he was playing with effort) - even if these guys aren't as skilled they at least tried hard. Jefferson just flat out didn't try defending the pick-and-roll, which was basically the only play the Spurs ran.

Big Al would be an all star if he would only raise his girly arms on defense.

How sad is that. His total lack of effort on the defensive end is killing him.
Does he even know it?

Well, last nights game must have been a real eyesore! Both teams combined to shoot 2-25 from three point land. Fantastic.

I think I now understand my loss of interest in the Jazz. It has a lot to do with the wholesale turnover of the team that didn't happen during the LHM days. You develop a following, an allegiance for players, and then they're suddenly playing for someone else. We now have more former Jazzmen on other teams than the current team, and as I posted earlier those players would definitely be at least competitive and arguably better than our current team. DWill actually became disenchanted with the Jazz when they started to trade or failed to sign some of his close friends. The failure to sign Matthews led to both the resignation of Jerry and the trading of DWill, because both were unhappy about that, and this fed into DWill's unhappiness with all things Jazz and his conflicts with Jerry. The Jazz made a bad decision in keeping CJ. They should've kept Korver and Brewer, two of DWill's buddies, who actually complemented each other because of their different skills. They should've gotten rid of Boozer, and if they kept Koufos and KHump, they would've been in good shape. Of course, no Favors or Kanter, so maybe down the road it will pan out. But these last 2 1/2 years have been the wasteland of Jazz basketball for me.

I don't know why this year is so boring compared to last year. :( I skipped the past 5+ games. I guess I'll watch Big Al highlights and repeat it 10X to watch the rest of the season.

defensive highlight or offensive highlights?

He has defensive highlights?

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

Funny thing is that when i found that big al would not play in the toronto game suddenly my interest level sky-rocketed.

Also when marvin was out for those 2 games from the concussion i knew burks would get some minutes and once again my interest level maxed out!

When the whole team is healthy,.... meh. A few injuries or a trade happens to clear the logjams to get the youth minutes..... im excited like never before.

Too bad it takes injuries or a trade for corbin to play the guys most of us want to see.

Funny thing is that when i found that big al would not play in the toronto game suddenly my interest level sky-rocketed.

Also when marvin was out for those 2 games from the concussion i knew burks would get some minutes and once again my interest level maxed out!

When the whole team is healthy,.... meh. A few injuries or a trade happens to clear the logjams to get the youth minutes..... im excited like never before.

Too bad it takes injuries or a trade for corbin to play the guys most of us want to see.

I think you hit it on the head. We made the turnover and now we have a new cast, and that is who we want to see. We don't want the tired old retreads and players whose future is not going up. We want some hope and the only hope we have is in these new guys. I really think we need another coach as well. He's trying to win now with a team that is not ready to win now, and that is his major problem. I wonder if Corbin feels pressure to win, and that explains some of his decisions.

Honestly, 9-8 for this team in November (and the one game in October) for a team that's played 11 of the 17 on the road is not too bad. Not that I'm thrilled or anything, but I don't see the sky falling yet.

If they can hang around this record (well maybe 4 or so games above .500) until January it'll look even nicer with all those home games to make up.
I had the Jazz winning 50 games this season and my prediction for November was 9-8. December I saw us going 8-7. Loss to the Clips was disappointing, but we're not much different from what I thought in terms of overall record. What is disappointing to me is the lack of development from Favors, Hayward and Kanter and lack of playing time for Burks. Favors is still >>>>> aways from being a franchise player. Hayward is just terrible on 55% of his shots. He'll be very good one game and then just disappear. Kanter has shown some promise, but not enough to get truly excited.

Ho, hum. We're looking at a #6-8 slot and a first round exit against OKC, Memphis or San Antonio. Not bad enough to get a decent draft pick and GS appears they'll give us something in the late teens or early 20's as well. Gotta hope for some trades. But I think it likely the Jazz will again be conservative and stand pat with Al and Paul.

I have missed you motown... always one of the best posters we have here at jazzfanz.