What's new

Lowe: Winners and Losers (ESPN)

Clippers got Green and Nuggets got Grant. We could've easily acquired one of them have we not been stuck with Dante's contract.
I swear if an unhealthy connection to DedEx costs us a championship there needs to be rioting in the streets.

It was a big offer no doubt. Bojan's market value is about 15 mil per for 4 years or 20mil per for 2. Us offering him 19mil per for 4 years is the main reason why we were able to outbid Indy.

It’s 18.25, not 19.

Like even if we sign Pachulia or Bogut as the 3rd center. Having a badass is almost imperative. Preferably at the 4 doe.

Gotta hope da Rox completely tumble and start to sell off and we can snag Tucker.

By that point, the history of basketball shows that the series was something like 85% in the bag for Houston.

:fistbump:

Good thing I said Harden instead of Houston then huh.

Good thing I said Harden instead of Houston then huh.
Harden is Houston. That offense is more centralized in one person than any other offense in the NBA. So, yeah.

But however you want to frame it, things seem pretty clear: it’s an over-statement to say we’ve done really well against Harden.

Yeah, he nailed it. I’m happy with everything so far, but I can’t help but feel this team lacks some “force” as he says. I feel having Crowder would help kind of a lot. I can see him even playing as a small-ball C a la Tucker.

I have to disagree. I feel that DM, Ingles, Royce, Ed Davis, and Gobert bring plenty of force.

I have to disagree. I feel that DM, Ingles, Royce, Ed Davis, and Gobert bring plenty of force.
That’s speculation. You have no experience seeing whether this combination of players results in something more than the sum of its parts. This is a complicated game, with a complicated chemistry. You’ll have to wait to see if your speculations are good.

The FO will have to wait, too.

DL and Zanik certainly believe they have more work to do.

Someone define "force" in the context being discussed in this thread.
This is a word that Quin has used.

I think he's referring to the ability of one player to impose his will against the player in front of him + his ability to make the right read after imposing his will.

"Advantage Basketball" is what happens when a string of these impositions and reads produces a high-quality field-goal attempt.

Obviously strength and athleticism is a part of this; and I think it's what Lowe finds us lacking when he considers matchups against the league's elite teams.

Last edited:
Someone define "force" in the context being discussed in this thread.

giphy.gif