What's new

Luka Doncic appreciation thread

Where is the modstapo when you need them @Jason @Nate505
Yeah, I get it, but the problem is that we've always allowed threads about former Jazz players here, and I try to be consistent. I don't always succeed at it, but I try.

Why anyone would make a thread appreciating a first class whiner like Doncic is beyond me though, except I see who created it and it all makes sense.

• Dislike
Reactions: MVP
Yeah, I get it, but the problem is that we've always allowed threads about former Jazz players here, and I try to be consistent. I don't always succeed at it, but I try.

Why anyone would make a thread appreciating a first class whiner like Doncic is beyond me though, except I see who created it and it all makes sense.
When did Luka Doncic play for the Utah Jazz?

I don't think this is true at all. First, a team that wins also loses players, which is what makes it so hard to repeat. Second, there are 29 teams that don't. The vast majority don't blow it up. Third, I would argue that teams that are really close to winning generally don't blow it up because they were that close to winning it. the Jazz for instance, didn't blow it up with Rudy and Donovan in their 2 successful years because they thought they could take the next step. It wasn't until they knew they weren't going to compete with that roster that they started over. I think Wolves are a top 3-4 team this year. So, if you are that close then why blow it up. Usually, you try to just add a piece here and there, and then hope young development gets better. You mention extensions and old players being the reason why they would blow it up, but if those are problems if they lose, why won't they equally be problems if they win?
Look, cheering for the wolves to be successful in the playoffs is dumb. If they lose, they are in a pickle. The more they win, the less they need to change.

Getting swept would have been golden.

Yeah but not cos i like Doncic or anything as you’ve said.. lol..
Yeah, you obviously aren't a fan boy who posted a bunch cheering for him in multiple series and talked a bunch about great he is and you definitely didn't start a thread an appreciation thread about him.

Look, cheering for the wolves to be successful in the playoffs is dumb. If they lose, they are in a pickle. The more they win, the less they need to change.

Getting swept would have been golden.
You must have rooted and cheered way harder than I did, because they lost. My rooting game must have been subpar, as it didn’t seem to affect anything in this series or any other.

So how is is petulant crying whining tool doing in the playoffs ???
Very good. he is in the finals. And playing great in the finals. his teammates on the other had have been trash and the celtics are by far the best team in the nba.

Very good. he is in the finals. And playing great in the finals. his teammates on the other had have been trash and the celtics are by far the best team in the nba.
. Are you right there ???

He’s looked a lot more human in the finals. Shame they couldn’t have made it a series

. Are you right there ???

He’s looked a lot more human in the finals. Shame they couldn’t have made it a series
I mean he is leading his team in points, assists and rebounds and shooting better than everyone on the team other than the 2 big guys that he sets up for dunks.
Would you be happy if a jazz player was averaging 30 points, 9 rebounds and 6 assists in the finals? Would you feel that player was letting your team down? Do you think any jazz player put up numbers like that the 2 times they went to the finals? Do you think any Boston players are putting up numbers like that in the finals? (They're not)
The non Luka Mavs players are the reason the Mavs got off to an 0-3 start. Luka has been his consistently amazing self.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Just saw this:
Luka has played 151 minutes in the series and Kyrie has played 154 points in the
series. Jayson Tatum has played 156 minutes in the series (nearly the same as Kyrie and Luka).

Luka has a +7.4 net rating when he's on the court. Dallas has a -17.9 net rating when he's off the court for a total 25.3 net rating swing.

Kyrie has a +0.3 net rating when he's on the court. Dallas has a +5.9 net rating when he's off the court for a total -5.6 net rating swing.

Jayson has a -3.2 net rating when he's on the court. Boston has a +10.2 net rating when he's off the court for a total -13.4 net rating swing.

And we say Luka has been the problem in this series.

Back