What's new

Game Thread Mar 03, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Thunder

Added to Calendar: 03-03-23

He left the game when it was still a game then the game got out of hand. Simple math.

+/- is only good for measuring what lineups played well and worked and which didn’t.
Yes, I this description of when he played is right.

I did go back and watch. THT was in for 3 stints. In all of them, the Jazz pretty much hung with the Thunder (thus his -1 +/-). Also, in all of them he was basically in with the other starters, but other starters also played additional minutes without THT. One of these stints was four starters with Dunn (minus THT, of course) -- toward the middle/end of the 4th quarter, before the benches emptied. I think that lineup was a -8.

For what it's worth, I thought THT (and Dunn, to be fair) played pretty well. Yes, he did have the 6 turnovers, but it was kind of a weird game in that sense. It wasn't his usual problem of driving into traffic with no prayer. Rather, it was an odd assortment of mistakes (stepping out of bounds before a 3 pointer, fumbling a pass, getting called for a moving screen right after a pass out on the perimeter, for example). But I thought his passing, decision-making, and shooting were solid overall.