What's new

Game Thread Mar 20, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Kings

Added to Calendar: 03-20-23

Who’s to say one of the million picks we have in the next few years doesn’t get top 3 , why does it have to be this draft ? Apart from the obvious first and second picks

Just enjoy the ride , I’m certainly enjoying the effort this season , in which I haven’t seen for a number of years ..

It’s hard not to cheer them on

Cleveland would have been terrible too if LeBron didn’t go back there.
Exactly. People laugh at LeGM but it wasn't the Cavs front office brilliance that built those teams, it was a lot of lottery luck from being dog **** that allowed them to replenish and then he did most of the heavy lifting off the court.

Spurs: Tanked their asses off and could keep churning the roster because they had their core built around.

God this whole debate is so ****ing tired but it's always better to have better picks. If the Warriors don't have the 6th pick, guess who they probably don't draft? Or if the Bucks scrapped their way into the playoffs in '13?

It's not all about the top of the draft, but yeah, you bet your *** if you land a Tim Duncan or LeBron then the organization has to be absolute dreck to not make it happen (and the Cavs still were, Lebron just cracked the code... wait for it... by letting the Cavs accumulate talent and assets to assemble a super team in Cleveland).

TLDR; The vast majority of NBA champions and maybe every dynasty ever - besides Laker teams - did it with lottery picks in the draft.
moving-goalpost.gif

Dog, you just did it with the cutoff at #5. Have at least a little self-awareness.
I could have cut it off at 6 and it would've remained the same. Hell I could have cut it off at 14 and you still get to keep 2 of the last 4 champions.

Your doomer nonsense is just that: Nonsense. We have enough young studs and assets (and an all-star already in Lauri) to really build something special even without tanking this year.

Here's the goalpost @MT Steve : The vast majority of NBA champions and maybe every dynasty ever - besides Laker teams - did it with lottery picks in the draft.

Teams that won a title over the last several years with significant help from their own top 5 pick:

'22 Warriors: Nope
'21 Bucks: Nope
'20 Lakers: No
'19 Raptors: Nah
'18 Warriors: No
'17 Warriors: No
'16 Cavs: Yes
'15 Warriors: No

I'll be damned
Now extend it to 7 and don’t ignore the fact that the Lakers used like 3 top 5 picks to acquire AD.

Your words were it is very likely we find someone at 15 that is better than the player at 4… which does not happen every year and is some of the dumbest nonsense ever… and ignores all history and logic…but other than that you nailed.
Its "likely" to find better players in the late lotto/first round because it happens every year. That's a fact.

"Very likely” for this year in particular?

Hell yeah.

Like you favorite kids Black, Dick or Hendrick? These guys aint no top 4 prospects. And the current top 4/5 favorites like the Thompson twins are pretty mid for various reasons and I would take guys projected outside of top 10 over them in a heartbeat.

That's really all I'm saying.

Try not to put words in people's mouth and look for confrontation sometimes.

There's no reason to be salty over a great game like this. Makes me wonder if some people even enjoy watching their team play basketball.
I’ve been pro tank all along, but I’ve also enjoyed (and rooted for) every win.

If they lose, I’m not all torn up about it. . . but when the win, I can still appreciate just how damn good Danny Ainge and Will Hardy are. This year has been nice after the past few heartbreakers.

Can't wait for all of NBA history not to matter if Jokic ever wins a ring and suddenly draft order doesn't even matter cuz you can just find those dudes anywhere!

Its "likely" to find better players in the late lotto/first round because it happens every year. That's a fact.

"Very likely” for this year in particular?

Hell yeah.

Like you favorite kids Black or Hendrick? These guys aint no top 4 prospects. And the current top 4/5 favorites like the Thompson twins are pretty mid for various reasons and I would take guys projected outside of top 10 over them in a heartbeat.
Wtf is this? Please go look at the history of the #4 pick and the #15 pick and tell me how many times 15 was better than 4… it’s not a crapshoot after 4 and no one who has actually looked at this draft and has multiple brain cells thinks that.

Can't wait for all of NBA history not to matter if Jokic ever wins a ring and suddenly draft order doesn't even matter cuz you can just find those dudes anywhere!
We should trade for all the #41 and #15 picks… lol.

Here's the goalpost @MT Steve : The vast majority of NBA champions and maybe every dynasty ever - besides Laker teams - did it with lottery picks in the draft.

Best you call in to DA office and enlighten him with this information

Whilst you’re there , inquire why Kessler isn’t sitting , someone special on here wants to know why no one listened to him

I’m fine with that whatever btw… but let’s not be complete dumbasses and not recognize that yes drafting higher is a huge advantage and that yes this winning will come at a cost. That’s all I ask… just don’t be a total dunce about it.