What's new

Matt Harpring's happy place...

Mr. McGibblets

I really thought Harpring was going to need a towel at one point after a Griffin dunk. I'll be honest, I got a bit uncomfortable listening to the game at times.

6Rwko.jpg

Harp is definitely a young starting out announcer. I like him overall, but sometimes I serious dive for the mute button when he starts gushing about an opposing team or player. He just doesn't stop.
I think it is a case of not knowing what to say, but not realizing that it would be ok to JUST SHUT UP FOR A MINUTE.
It's a problem that Hubie Brown still has. Sometimes color people think they have to talk all the time.

If I talked all the time, I can't imagine what moronic crap I would say.

Did any of you guys listen to Sean Elliot during the Spurs/Lakers game?

Harpring is so much better than him.

Also, have any of you guys listened to the league's other announcers? Houston's, Portland's, Miami's, Denver's, all come to mind. They're horrible. Harpring and Boler at their worse are still 100x better than most of the league's cheerleaders (I mean announcers)...

Also, have any of you guys listened to the league's other announcers? Houston's, Portland's, Miami's, Denver's, all come to mind. They're horrible. Harpring and Boler at their worse are still 100x better than most of the league's cheerleaders (I mean announcers)...

I think you are posting in the wrong thread. This isn't a rip-Harp thread so no defense of Harp is needed. It was merely meant to memorialize his love for all things Blake Griffin. I actually like Harp doing the color.

Why don't you get back to updating the thread about CJ in Sloan's doghouse. I think Memo pissed off Sloan because he didn't return after ball-hogging for his 10 shots in only 16 minutes! Sloan's doghouse?

I think you are posting in the wrong thread. This isn't a rip-Harp thread so no defense of Harp is needed. It was merely meant to memorialize his love for all things Blake Griffin. I actually like Harp doing the color.

Why don't you get back to updating the thread about CJ in Sloan's doghouse. I think Memo pissed off Sloan because he didn't return after ball-hogging for his 10 shots in only 16 minutes! Sloan's doghouse?

No, I'm posting in the right thread. Sorry my post offended you.

I just feel like him gushing about a great player isn't nearly as annoying as most of the announcers in the league. I hardly noticed him gushing about Blake Griffin. And when he did, I felt like I was thinking/saying the same thing. The kid quite easily could be the best PF in the league right now. Even as a rookie. He's a monster.

Clyde Drexler is flat out homer, who questions just about every call going against Rockets, which makes watching the game disgusting from an NBA fan standpoint, sometimes. Mark Gorman and Heinsohn are legends, they are true homers but they let you know it. Both of them admits being homers and you're fine with that after having to deal with so many coward homer color guys telling "I do not like to complain about refs, BUT....".

I agree with you. Both Boner and Harp are way above average in NBA color commentating. Harp needs to shut the **** up sometimes, though.

And did you know Al Jefferson is playing basketball? I had no idea until Harp pointed it out to me last night.