What's new

Game Thread May 03, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Spurs

Added to Calendar: 05-03-21

clarkson just clanking everything
He's now Clankson to me. Sadly. I thought early this season he showed me a lot of things that got me excited but lately its been roooouuuggghhhh. He's the reason why we dropped the Minnesota games.

Bojan can get back into rhythm and JC can get all the bad stuff out of his system. Conley can be early year Conley, Joe can be Joe from his stretch a month or so ago, and Donovan can be bubble Donovan.

This was a fun game to watch. I especially liked the driving dunk by Forrest. Lots of highlight plays by the Jazz on both sides of the ball. I actually thought the Spurs played pretty well, but Utah just played better. Wednesday will be interesting - it's always tough to beat a team twice in a row.

I know it's wishful thinking, but Rudy Gay would be a really nice fit with the Jazz.

He understands how the ball should move through our offense. If he develops a shot, then there’s definitely a consistent role for him.
The drive and dunk is what I need to see too... he seems to be taking it slow but I was encouraged with the defense... got some deflections. Side note... seems like a nice kid and a hard worker. Glad it’s working out for him. I’m a fan.

Bojan can get back into rhythm and JC can get all the bad stuff out of his system. Conley can be early year Conley, Joe can be Joe from his stretch a month or so ago, and Donovan can be bubble Donovan.
Joe needs a maintenance day or two doe. Bojan is like worlds different right now... kinda wild.

The drive and dunk is what I need to see too... he seems to be taking it slow but I was encouraged with the defense... got some deflections. Side note... seems like a nice kid and a hard worker. Glad it’s working out for him. I’m a fan.
He seems to be very heady and deliberate. You can see why the players and staff like him. I hope he starts adding some more force and swag, because he’s clearly got a good base to work from as far as team concepts are concerned.

He seems to be very heady and deliberate. You can see why the players and staff like him. I hope he starts adding some more force and swag, because he’s clearly got a good base to work from as far as team concepts are concerned.
Yeah he is taking the approach of not effing up and playing well within himself and slowly branching out. My original disappointment was he wasn't being the disruptive defender I think he could be. Last night he had a nice deflection and a steal (not sure if it was the same play). He also helps on the glass a bit. You can see he has size.

He needs to tighten his handle a bit and become a passable shooter. I think the other stuff is there. Hopefully we give him that 4 year minimum salary deal this offseason and lock up a cheap contributor.