Game Thread May 08, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Rockets

Added to Calendar: 05-08-21

MT Steve

Contributor
How about him dominating these "scrubs" instead of being negative statistically nearly every freaking game.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I really hate when people try to use individual player's +/- in a vacuum to draw conclusions about that player, when there's 9 other variables going into that stat every single game.

We have weak defenders all over the perimeter that Gobert keeps from getting exposed because he's the generational talent on defense. Why do you think we routinely get torched in games when teams can successfully get Gobert out of the paint? Why do you think Tony Bradley suddenly wasn't such a bad defender during his time in Philly? It's not Gobert getting exposed, it's our perimeter defenders.

Similarly, when Gobert is sitting, it's not his backup getting exposed, it's our perimeter defenders. Favors is the only player on the team that doesn't share any of his minutes with Gobert. Our perimeter defenders get exposed without Gobert to protect them, and +/- watchers who don't understand what's happening just assume it must be Favors' fault.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Didn't know Houston was the best 3 pt shooting team ever. Good hell.

nateboz

I really hate when people try to use individual player's +/- in a vacuum to draw conclusions about that player, when there's 9 other variables going into that stat every single game.

We have weak defenders all over the perimeter that Gobert keeps from getting exposed because he's the generational talent on defense. Why do you think we routinely get torched in games when teams can successfully get Gobert out of the paint? Why do you think Tony Bradley suddenly wasn't such a bad defender during his time in Philly? It's not Gobert getting exposed, it's our perimeter defenders.

Similarly, when Gobert is sitting, it's not his backup getting exposed, it's our perimeter defenders. Favors is the only player on the team that doesn't share any of his minutes with Gobert. Our perimeter defenders get exposed without Gobert to protect them, and +/- watchers who don't understand what's happening just assume it must be Favors' fault.
The reason the Jazz signed Favors is to backup Rudy and give him additional rest.
He sucks so bad the Jazz can't afford him to play more than 4 minute bursts cause the entire team plays worse with him in the middle.
Favors gives you occasional layups. Below average passing. Average rebounding. At least in this system he's negative defensively as well. What exactly does anyone see in his game that makes them like his game? I don't get it.
Name the last time Favors dove for a loose ball, the last time he caught fire and scored 10 points in a quarter, the last time he made the other team call a timeout cause the mismatch he's causing needs addressing.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk