What's new

Game Thread May 08, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Rockets

Added to Calendar: 05-08-21

Didn't know Houston was the best 3 pt shooting team ever. Good hell.

Took that punch to the chin, got up, and now playing with more energy. This is what champions do. Proud of this team this year

Fish with the calming wisdom. What the **** is wrong with you??
I think a big part of our issues this game has been quin expirementing a bit.
Then I think he saw that we could lose and decided to stop ****ing around.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I really hate when people try to use individual player's +/- in a vacuum to draw conclusions about that player, when there's 9 other variables going into that stat every single game.

We have weak defenders all over the perimeter that Gobert keeps from getting exposed because he's the generational talent on defense. Why do you think we routinely get torched in games when teams can successfully get Gobert out of the paint? Why do you think Tony Bradley suddenly wasn't such a bad defender during his time in Philly? It's not Gobert getting exposed, it's our perimeter defenders.

Similarly, when Gobert is sitting, it's not his backup getting exposed, it's our perimeter defenders. Favors is the only player on the team that doesn't share any of his minutes with Gobert. Our perimeter defenders get exposed without Gobert to protect them, and +/- watchers who don't understand what's happening just assume it must be Favors' fault.
The reason the Jazz signed Favors is to backup Rudy and give him additional rest.
He sucks so bad the Jazz can't afford him to play more than 4 minute bursts cause the entire team plays worse with him in the middle.
Favors gives you occasional layups. Below average passing. Average rebounding. At least in this system he's negative defensively as well. What exactly does anyone see in his game that makes them like his game? I don't get it.
Name the last time Favors dove for a loose ball, the last time he caught fire and scored 10 points in a quarter, the last time he made the other team call a timeout cause the mismatch he's causing needs addressing.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Playing like a bunch of clowns out there.

The end of that quarter was indicative of how much we just look like we don't give a ****.

You sound like someone who proudly displays their participation trophy.

How come you didn't point out that the Jazz were +10 in the most recent Favors stretch? And we know it must have all been because of Favors since he is the sole controller of that stat.

Oof. That blown layup. Maybe there’s a reason why our guards aren’t looking for him down low. Jeez. Can’t complain about not seeing the ball when you blow a chippy like that.

Yeah, effort hasn't been there tonight overall, hopefully come out strong in the 3rd, open it up a bit and leave the 4th to the bench guys.

How come you didn't point out that the Jazz were +10 in the most recent Favors stretch? And we know it must have all been because of Favors since he is the sole controller of that stat.
He did make a layup

Not pretty so far. Clear that HOU is living and dying by three.

Need a good showing in the third to make me more comfortable.

Fun fact, Favors has had a positive +/- over five of the last six games. The one game in which he was a negative (@ Phx), he was -10, but the team was -11 with him off the court. In four of them his +/- was even better than Rudy's (!!!)

This is notable because it's the games without Conley and Mitchell, where our bench unit would naturally be worse. Damn, credit to Favors for stepping up.