What's new

Melo traded to OKC for Enes and McDermott

OKC vs.Utah

Westbrook vs. Rubio
Roberson vs. Hood
George vs. Ingles
Melo vs. Favors
Adams vs. Gobert

I think Jazz we'll be relying on the 2nd unit to compete against OKC.

In what generation of Melo's NBA career can you cite evidence that Carmelo Anthony is a good fit for success anywhere?
He has been on really good teams in the past. Its not like the Knicks were a functional organization before getting him. I think OKC fits his style. They run a lot of simple offense. He can take pressure off Russ and space the floor. Obviously there is going to be some sort of balancing act for touches, but talent usually trumps all. OKC also has a good amount of defensive talent that will let him take a lot of easy matchups and on offense the best defender will usually be on George or Russ.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

They traded for Melo and still managed to make a defensive upgrade. Melo was at his best on those all star and olympic teams he is big and tall and knows how to shoot, always a way to make room for those guys on the floor.

Some say it is good "on paper" like the Clippers were but I think this team is team is going to be up there with GSW.

I wish Lindsey was a bit more aggressive. Presti really makes things happen.

Melo had a no trade clause and Utah wasn't on his list, so there's that. I doubt there's anything DL could have done for Melo to consider Utah.

Anyway,come back next year when OKC is trying to rebuild out of a deep hole after trading away everything and anything that resembles an asset for guys who are going to bolt after one year.

If GS wasn't so stacked, then it may have been worth it for a ring, but this team went all in on one year which will likely send them into a long, drawn out rebuild. In the end, I think OKC will greatly regret not cleaning Boston out of all their picks to start an amazing rebuild instead of the nightmare they're likely to face otherwise.

He has been on really good teams in the past. Its not like the Knicks were a functional organization before getting him. I think OKC fits his style. They run a lot of simple offense. He can take pressure off Russ and space the floor. Obviously there is going to be some sort of balancing act for touches, but talent usually trumps all. OKC also has a good amount of defensive talent that will let him take a lot of easy matchups and on offense the best defender will usually be on George or Russ.

Your post doesn't convince me of anything, unless you somehow pointed out that Westbrook, George, and Carmelo can someone do something miraculous with one basketball when trying to score.

I think I can smell the gin on Billy Donovan as we speak.

Except with OKC we are talking about a situation where the guy with the lowest offensive efficiency (Westbrook) will be demanding most of the shots.

I give this panacea about 3 months.

Last year RW lead the league by far with almost 25 FGA. 2016, 2014,2013 he was at 18-19 (KD was hurt in 2015). You think if he shoots around the 18-19 range instead of his 24 would be enough deferred shots?

The question is, is Melo the Jazz Killer a Melo fan or a Knicks fan first? And I will he keep coming? Can mods announce if he changes nick?

Donovan will figure out how to balance these guys; it's not like he hasn't dealt with player personalities before. We can play this scenario out in theory and on paper.

Reality will set in once the season begins. By the time the All Star break rolls around, we should have a clear picture of where the Western Conference powers (Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz, Thunder, T-Wolves) are headed.

This may be a great thing for OKC but hard for me to see that. It might be because I have never been a fan of Melo. I find him almost unwatchable. Presti clearly was bold but bold is not always smart. Is this worth going up to an almost 30 mil payment in luxury tax? The one thing that makes this a good deal for OKC is if RW and PG now decide to sign longer term deals with the Thunder.

Donovan will figure out how to balance these guys; it's not like he hasn't dealt with player personalities before. We can play this scenario out in theory and on paper.

Reality will set in once the season begins. By the time the All Star break rolls around, we should have a clear picture of where the Western Conference powers (Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz, Thunder, T-Wolves) are headed.
Yeah, he did a great job with KD

I think this is a solid trade for both teams. Porzingis, Kanter, and Hermangomez make for 3 good post options for NY. KP is better for cleaning up Kanter's defense than Adams. McDermott is just an okay player, but maybe he can at least spread the floor for that post. Best thing for NY is they can give the star role to KP which is key for their long term relevance.

Melo in OKC is interesting. On paper, their starting line-up is pretty close to GS. Tons of firepower and mismatches. However, the summer of 2018 will loom over this team all season.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app