What's new

Memphis @ Utah :: Monday : December 6 : 2K10 :: 7 PM

Contain Randolph (aka: Fat Boy) and don't let a scrub destroy = double digit win. If you think about it, every team should bring their A game when they play the Grizz since they screwed everyone by giving Gasol to the Lakers.

Awesome post. Succinct and yet loaded with quality. Repppppppp'd and WELCOME ABOARD.

4ae3118b209c7.jpg

Jarron may be gone, but he thankfully he left Millsap The Sweater Vest.

I'm not afraid to admit that the Patriots-Jets game will be the priority tonight.

The Tigers are a good team, and have a terrific home crowd. I'm not worried about the starters, but the bench better bring it tomorrow.

Awesome, my wife goes there and i work down the street. Should be a great game! We will get a special delivery for the win! They have got some good Frosh, hope we can contain them.

Contain Randolph (aka: Fat Boy) and don't let a scrub destroy = double digit win. If you think about it, every team should bring their A game when they play the Grizz since they screwed everyone by giving Gasol to the Lakers.

Trade not as one sided as was once thought. They did get Gasol Jr. in that trade. Their frontcourt is about as good as anyone, but alas still have not got that great point and shooting guard yet.

Trade not as one sided as was once thought. They did get Gasol Jr. in that trade. Their frontcourt is about as good as anyone, but alas still have not got that great point and shooting guard yet.

The Lakers went from a team in turmoil to 3 time WC champs and 2 time defending champs and gave up nothing to do it. Yes, Marc Gasol has turned out nicely for the Girlies, but he was nothing more than a trade chip for the Lakers. This is the second most lopsided trade in the past 30 years.

The Lakers went from a team in turmoil to 3 time WC champs and 2 time defending champs and gave up nothing to do it. Yes, Marc Gasol has turned out nicely for the Girlies, but he was nothing more than a trade chip for the Lakers. This is the second most lopsided trade in the past 30 years.

The Lakers were already number one in the west when the trade happened.

The Lakers were already number one in the west when the trade happened.

Gasol was traded to the Lakers on 2/1/08. The West at that time:

New Orleans 32-13 .711
Phoenix 33-14 .702
Dallas 31-14 .689
San Antonio 29-16 .644
Lakers 28-16 .636
Utah 28-18 .609
Denver 27-18 .600
Golden State 28-19 .596
Portland 26-19 .578
Houston 25-20 .556

Perhaps, but the statement that the trade is not as one sided as thought at the time is still most definitely true! M Gasol is a good player, obviously not as good as PAu though. By your own table memphis was not even in the top 10 at the time. Mr. Heisley has to save some money :)

Have the Grizzles had injury problems ? I thought their record would be better than it is.

nothing to bad. Randolph and Gasol both missed a couple of games. mayo is now a bench player. Remember they traded Love for him. Bench is not very good.

Gasol was traded to the Lakers on 2/1/08. The West at that time:

New Orleans 32-13 .711
Phoenix 33-14 .702
Dallas 31-14 .689
San Antonio 29-16 .644
Lakers 28-16 .636
Utah 28-18 .609
Denver 27-18 .600
Golden State 28-19 .596
Portland 26-19 .578
Houston 25-20 .556

I strongly believe that if NBA had not approved of that trade, we would have seen yet another Spurs-Jazz WCF, for sure. There were only 2 teams in the WEst that seemed to match up well against us that year, Spurs -as always, Pops factor- and the young Blazers. The entire scenario of a whole year changed after that trade. Lakers, again, became the elite of the West along with Spurs. THe LAkers have done more than matching the excitement after Boston's Big3 coming together and gone to Finals 3 straight times. And, I cannot blame KOC or Miller family for not being able to force stupid Jerry West to shut down that trade or to find a stupid GM willing to waste all the efforts of 4-5 up-and-coming young rosters by simply giving up the franchise player to a conference rival.

If I'm not mistaken, Pau was a free agent. Knowing that and that they weren't going to be able to re-sign him (I can only assume), it's not that lopsided. Marc and a couple of 1sts (and Javaris) for a guy who wasn't going to be around in a few months anyway is quite a bit in fact imo.

I think that Memphis was banking a bit on Conley to be their PG of the future; so far not so good. At least they signed Darko :)

Conley's averaging 15.7 ppg on 47.2% from the floor (better than Deron) and 35.8% from three (also better than Deron). With 6.9 assists, 3.3 rebounds and 2.2 steals to boot, that's hardly "not good." Especially considering he's just 23 years old and the chuckers on his team.