What's new

Mid Season Tournament Idea

whatthe

Personally I don't like the idea of a Mid season tournament idea but If you are going to do it..then..I would have each game won in this tournament added to each teams win total so in theory a team that would win each game in the tournament would have 3 games added to their standings. A team that wins one game has one game added to their standings and so on

Personally I don't like the idea of a Mid season tournament idea but If you are going to do it..then..I would have each game won in this tournament added to each teams win total so in theory a team that would win each game in the tournament would have 3 games added to their standings. A team that wins one game has one game added to their standings and so on
What’s this about? What midseason tournament are you referring to? Did I miss something?

I don't like the idea of a mid season tournament. I don't think that anyone will value winning it. It's going to feel like preseason games in the middle of the season.

will be interested to get the full details, or if it even happens next season, but anything that ups the incentive to not tank is a good thing in my book, especially since we have little reason to do so anyway if we draft well this year but if we dont we wont have to tank to be in the top 10 probably,I think with little veteran presence and a focus all season on development or something.
I mean if we continue to focus on developing the youth and try to win but still end up lose a lot, we might be worse by record than this season. which was dominated by all star performance from the FInnisher but also significantly affected by veteran presence than we now lack sort of anyway

I don't like the idea of a mid season tournament. I don't think that anyone will value winning it. It's going to feel like preseason games in the middle of the season.
Games will count towards total record top 8 teams play. Only the teams in the championship will play one extra game (83 total). Players on winning team get $500k.

A bit gimmicky, but since the games count in standings, seems like not too bad of a thing.

I Dont know about a mid season tourmament but if they wanted to stop resting healthy players during the reg season and stop intentional tanking its fairly easy.

1. First round byes for 1st and 2nd round teams.
2. Expand playoffs for teams 9 and 10.
3. 3 plays 10, 4 plays 9, 5 plays 8 and 6 and 7 plays
4. Resuffles next round when 1 and 2 play the lowest remaining seeds.

No more play in tournament

1. 10 Teams out of playoff participate in lotery.
2. All 10 lottery positions are subject to lottery. So every position is up for grabs.
3. Lowest team get best odds but not that much better than 2. 2 has slightly better odds than 3 and so on.
4. The 10th lottery team has the worst odds but can move up to every draft position and while their odds are the lowest of every lottery team they have a real chance at every position including the 1st pick. For example 1st lottery team gets 100 balls, 2nd team gets 90 and so on until team 10 gets 10 balls.

They should do an end of season tournament with all the lottery teams to decide draft order for teams out of the playoffs while they are at it.
This is an amazing idea. Make the winner of the tournament get the #1 pick then the #2 pick for the loser. Then every team fit in where their record falls.

Might encourage some tanking so trams don't make the play in games because they would not qualify.

Single elimination tournament with the teams with the worse records having home court advantage. Only the teams that make it to the final game get the 1 and 2 spot.

I like this idea a lot. Would add a lot of excitement for your team. No more lottery

I Dont know about a mid season tourmament but if they wanted to stop resting healthy players during the reg season and stop intentional tanking its fairly easy.

1. First round byes for 1st and 2nd round teams.
2. Expand playoffs for teams 9 and 10.
3. 3 plays 10, 4 plays 9, 5 plays 8 and 6 and 7 plays
4. Resuffles next round when 1 and 2 play the lowest remaining seeds.

No more play in tournament

1. 10 Teams out of playoff participate in lotery.
2. All 10 lottery positions are subject to lottery. So every position is up for grabs.
3. Lowest team get best odds but not that much better than 2. 2 has slightly better odds than 3 and so on.
4. The 10th lottery team has the worst odds but can move up to every draft position and while their odds are the lowest of every lottery team they have a real chance at every position including the 1st pick. For example 1st lottery team gets 100 balls, 2nd team gets 90 and so on until team 10 gets 10 balls.

I'm not sure you've thought through your lottery odds. In your proposal the 10th team would have a worse chance than it does today on winning the lottery.

I'm not sure you've thought through your lottery odds. In your proposal the 10th team would have a worse chance than it does today on winning the lottery.
You are right i havent done the math but you can see what im aiming at. I want every lottery position up for grabs and i want the worst team to have only slightly better odds than team 2. I want team 2 to have slighly better odds than team 3 and so on. Finishing last should not be a reward. With every lottery position up for grabs and only a slight advantage if you have the worst record. I

This is an amazing idea. Make the winner of the tournament get the #1 pick then the #2 pick for the loser. Then every team fit in where their record falls.

Might encourage some tanking so trams don't make the play in games because they would not qualify.

Single elimination tournament with the teams with the worse records having home court advantage. Only the teams that make it to the final game get the 1 and 2 spot.

I like this idea a lot. Would add a lot of excitement for your team. No more lottery
More money for the nba too