What's new

Mike Conley Appreciation Thread

There is a huge difference between being good and really really bad. I think a lot of people are worried that we end up in that 6 to 8 range which means we are bad but not terrible.
No way that happens. I understand Jazzfanz being paranoid though, but it’s laughable

No way that happens. I understand Jazzfanz being paranoid though, but it’s laughable
It’s not laughable to suggest that the Jazz will be bad (everyone believes this), but probably aren’t 3rd worst or worse.

I’m not sure if you’re familiar with the normal distribution (bell curve) in statistics, but in most cases, what that means is that extreme ends of the distribution are exceptionally uncommon. Meaning, to be the worst in the league, you have to truly be exceptional.

Furthermore, a few games can be the difference between bottom-3 and 7th or 8th. The Jazz are leaving that difference to chance instead of prioritizing offloading players that will make them better. That’s going to matter a lot in a year where there is likely to be truly depraved and relatively widespread tanking. Tanking is gonna be competitive, and teams not actively trying to lose will not be at the bottom. They just won’t.

The Jazz haven’t done enough.

I'm glad Mike gets to stick around for this **** show since it was adding him to the team that led the Jazz to their current mess.

In my opinion the top priorities for the season are:

1. Give ourselves the best odds possible to land a star in the draft.
2. Aquire as many assets as possible
3. Develop young players and find out which ones are part of our future.

Playing Mike Conley can help with properties 2 and 3. If he's hurting priority 1 too much then you sit him.