What's new

Mike Conley knee strain

We are 2-6 without Mike. I'm convince that we are a 30 win team without our commandor. So if we wanna tank, it's time to play smart. We have nothing to win ending with 42 victory and go into play in, Lakers will make a run, OKC is not bad, we can easily finish bottom 3 and with a bit of luck a the lottery.....
the record is more indicative of the team not being used to not having him then who replaced him. Sexton had nothing to do with the losing. They are not tanking

the record is more indicative of the team not being used to not having him then who replaced him. Sexton had nothing to do with the losing. They are not tanking
I agree about the fact that Sexton is promising and should play more. But West is so deep this year that i do not see how we can be in the top 6. And considering the quality of the coming draft, i think it's time to go for it.

I agree about the fact that Sexton is promising and should play more. But West is so deep this year that i do not see how we can be in the top 6. And considering the quality of the coming draft, i think it's time to go for it.
but in doing so, they will have completely depleted anything they have built in the players and the system, they have already acquired and refined, and have to possibly move EVERYONE, after this season and start over.
You cannot tank like you want to, unless the current roster is absolute trash, and they just are not.
I can see a mini tank if they are injury laden down the stretch and want a better seeding for the draft. But outside of that, I still have them late lottery play-in material by April.

Conley is questionable to play tomorrow night against the Warriors.

Conley is questionable to play tomorrow night against the Warriors.
Frankly they might as well keep him out. What is it going to do for us to have him aggravate it now?

Locke broke down the numbers with Conley being out, I thought it was pretty interesting. Basically our numbers are exactly the same with or without Mike in the first 43 minutes, but in the last 5 minutes we go from being elite with Mike to awful without Mike. Mostly that awfulness is due to an incredibly high turnover rate without Mike.

You can aggravate/injure anything at any time.

If you can play, you should play. Whatever happens, happens.

We need this guy.
That makes no sense. An injured joint in recovery has a greater chance of worsening that injury than a fully healed joint would. We are not competing for the championship so no need to hurry him back and risk damaging it further at this point.

That makes no sense. An injured joint in recovery has a greater chance of worsening that injury than a fully healed joint would. We are not competing for the championship so no need to hurry him back and risk damaging it further at this point.
What makes you think we're "rushing" him back?

For all we know, he's been good to go for a week.

Oh brother...talk about making **** up to further some agenda.

As of 2 days ago he was still feeling pain per Walden's tweet. You can go back a few pages and read it.

As if Tony Jones doesn’t have an agenda.

Sore muscles cause pain. It was an isolated popliteal over extension. isolated. That means that the joint wasn’t affected and no other muscle structures were affected, and there would be no crossover injury concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Man you don't read good. Nowhere did I state they are definitely rushing him back early. What I said was IF he is still feeling pain there is no reason to rush him back IF they are trying to hurry to get him back on the floor.

Man you don't read good. Nowhere did I state they are definitely rushing him back early. What I said was IF he is still feeling pain there is no reason to rush him back IF they are trying to hurry to get him back on the floor.
oh, so now you want us to actually read your posts? Such a stuck up elitist.

Sweet!