What's new

Millsap - Afflalo trade

The Rockets had been going hard after Gasol this offseason. Thought they even had a deal at one point but don't remember what happened to it. I think there's definite interest there and Gasol is a better fit for them than Lin with the Harden in the stable.

That might have been a move to help attract FA's. Now that they have a big name, pursuing such may be moot. I'm just specualting of course but that's what I would think. And again, they're playing very well. If I'm then, I don't do it. Heck, their PG's left would be Toney Douglas and Scott Machado. And I know Harden is the facilitator a lot but so is Lin. Wih Lin gone who would then break teams down to get Harden the ball? For me, it doesn't make sense unless you can get a PG back from a third team.

Jeremy Lin is literally the most overrated player in the NBA.

Disagree, but at worst he's only slightly worse than Hayward and he's a better piece going forward, pre-signed at a reasonable deal for the next 3.

I'd love to see him as our PG, but the larger point is use Hayward/Sap/Al in any configuration to get a high ceiling 1 or 2 that can make Favors/Kanter better and be a threat to drive.

He will get old and die one day. Ask your mommy.

He'll be well on the other side of 30 before the Magic are relevant. Do you think they should keep him and remain where they are (in the late lottery)? Isn't this exactly what you repeatedly rail against the jazz for doing?

Neither of these things are dumb.

That might have been a move to help attract FA's. Now that they have a big name, pursuing such may be moot. I'm just specualting of course but that's what I would think. And again, they're playing very well. If I'm then, I don't do it. Heck, their PG's left would be Toney Douglas and Scott Machado. And I know Harden is the facilitator a lot but so is Lin. Wih Lin gone who would then break teams down to get Harden the ball? For me, it doesn't make sense unless you can get a PG back from a third team.

Put Mo Williams in the deal and get some shiny objects back from Houston. I don't know. Houston is 6th in the standings and Pau is better than any big they have. I think they'd have interest, but I also don't know how fundamentally important they think Lin is to their attack.

Not to mention this isn't happening. Why would they trade him for a guy who isn't playing well? For a guy who would simply take time away from a young frontline in Vucevic, Nicholson, and Harkless.

Now, Burks and Millsap may work but I doubt they would even do that. It just doesn't make sense based on how their roster is constructed.

I posted something similar to this during the jazz Orlando game, and got shut down by most

Lin isn't "high ceiling." You're seeing it right now.

Hayward can be a better player. I hope he gets a shot to be it.

Put Mo Williams in the deal and get some shiny objects back from Houston. I don't know. Houston is 6th in the standings and Pau is better than any big they have. I think they'd have interest, but I also don't know how fundamentally important they think Lin is to their attack.

That works. What shiny objects are you thinking?

He will get old and die one day. Ask your mommy.

He'll be well on the other side of 30 before the Magic are relevant. Do you think they should keep him and remain where they are (in the late lottery)? Isn't this exactly what you repeatedly rail against the jazz for doing?

Neither of these things are dumb.

Actually, this is not what I rail against the Jazz for doing. The fact that you can't distinguish between the two is not surprising though.

Hayward hasn't been given a shot with 30 minutes per night the last couple years?

If you give me a shot at performing surgery and I struggle, that doesn't mean I've failed at my chance to be a healer. My skills are elsewhere.

I might particularly struggle if I had to perform next to a guy that can't hand me the right tools.

Actually, this is not what I rail against the Jazz for doing. The fact that you can't distinguish between the two is not surprising though.

Sorry, I actually don't really read your posts. You bitch constantly, so I just assumed that you'd bitched about that oft-mentioned topic.

If you give me a shot at performing surgery and I struggle, that doesn't mean I've failed at my chance to be a healer. My skills are elsewhere.

I might particularly struggle if I had to perform next to a guy that can't hand me the right tools.

You're an AK apologist too, aren't you?

Very funny. I was thinking the exact thing today. I think his value may be higher than his worth and for me at this point, I'd trade him in the right deal.

Which is? Can you provide the rest of us a list of 5 players that you would reasonably trade Hayward for?

Which is? Can you provide the rest of us a list of 5 players that you would reasonably trade Hayward for?

No, not at all. It was just a thought that crossed my mind.

And to be fair, his value is probably a big question to mark to all 30 GM's and so we'd never get what we wanted right now. Which kind of goes against what I said earlier but, uh, yeah, I don't know.

I do think that Hayward has been used the wrong way. Three years of Jefferson is going to derail anyone's career.

I keep going back to KLove as an extreme example of this. Also, DWill struggled with Jeffy and he is an all-star/Olympian/all-NBA type talent. Don't you think that there might be some truth to him being the reason that Hayward hasn't reached a higher level?

I think this is true for Millsap and of course Favors as well.

No, not at all. It was just a thought that crossed my mind.

And to be fair, his value is probably a big question to mark to all 30 GM's and so we'd never get what we wanted right now. Which kind of goes against what I said earlier but, uh, yeah, I don't know.

Thanks for being honest. I was just wondering.