What's new

Millsap and Jefferson out of Utah.

Right now I wouldnt pay either of them more than 8 mil per. If that isnt good enough, which Im sure it wouldnt be, then dont let the door hit your *** on the way out. its time to move on and just take our lumps with the new guys. for Christs sake, we are getting pummeled as it is with the supposed better veterans. Lose them both, try to trade for anything of value and let the young guys show what they got. I mean, can it get worse?
I wouldn't pay either of them $1.00 unless Paul agreed to come off the bench. And I want no part of Jefferson. The guy plays Boozer-like defense. If the Jazz are going to be a team of jump shooters, then Utah needs Favors and Kanter to rebound while Mo, Marvin and Foye fire away.

If Big Al can't be traded than he can be useful in garbage time versus 2nd tier players. Give him 10-15min that's it. Make him the 4th big.

That is how you can get the max out of your guys and actually win games because there are not so many teams with so many good big men in rotation.

But Corbin will never even try to do so.

I want Al gone ASAP. I want Millsap gone after this season. We can't reasonably expect to pay The Four good money when their rookie contracts are up and pay Millsap...especially when we still need to find a PG. Whatever money we could throw at Millsap would be much better spent on a young PG.

I want Al gone ASAP. I want Millsap gone after this season. We can't reasonably expect to pay The Four good money when their rookie contracts are up and pay Millsap...especially when we still need to find a PG. Whatever money we could throw at Millsap would be much better spent on a young PG.

Millsap would be great coming off the bench, or even starting against some teams. He kind of is the face of the Jazz, and he embodies the things we love about the Jazz (hard work, hustle, little ego, so on). I would be okay with keeping him for around what he makes now, as long as he understands he's the 3rd big.

But Al needs to go. And I wouldn't shed too many tears if they're both gone by the end of the season.

And I'd much rather the Jazz use them to get some assets back instead of simply letting them walk. And since I won't be watching any games until the Jazz becomes a team with a vision for the future instead of a vets' pleasure cruise, I'd really hate to have to wait till next season.

If Jazz believe Kanter is the center of the future, they should trade Jefferson. If they don't, then they should keep him and resign him for the future. Given that Millsap was offered an extension already, I think he will remain with the team but be moved into role he was when Boozer was around. Utah should learn from it's mistake from the Boozer situation though. As soon as the knew that Boozer wasn't a part of their future, they should have shipped him off for assets. Instead they waited until the off-season and got a trade exception and a courtesy 2nd round pick. I hope Utah makes a decision and does something about it, either way.

If the Jazz were to trade Millsap and/or Jefferson, what teams would be interested?

Here is my list:

Millsap:
-Houston
-Phoenix
-San Antonio

Jefferson:
-Orlando
-Boston
-Milwaukee

-

We can trade Al and Sap tomorrow. If we don't give Favors and Kanter an offense to play in, then all that extra "development" time won't mean anything.